Bevo Media
    I have just received an email from Bevo Media offering "FREE" coaching to ABW members.

I followed all the instructions only to find that to get the "FREE" offer I had to commit to $20 a month.

I really am pissed off with these underhanded tactics so to anyone else receiving the same email be prepared for this kick in the pants.

2. Thanks From:

Thanks for the info. I got the same email.

daiarian - Sorry about the confusion. We actually do clearly state that it is free for verified members. We have several thousands of verified members that this applies to. And if you arent verified... well then you need to get a verified membership first.

Being verified has MANY benefits, and free coaching is just one of them. We also clearly state this in our main blog post announcing where we state that being verified has a $19.95 service/server fee. We need to cover our costs somehow

In terms of the actual coaching, I would like to say that the Free Coaching program we offer is probably the best, most hands on approach that you can ever get at this price. For your reference, our normal mentorship program normally runs for $2500 a month. If anything, we should be charging ALOT more for our coaching program, but we are really trying to put focus on providing as much value to our userbase as possible.

Anyhow, once again I offer you my utmost apology for the confusion and if there are any other questions you have at all, feel free to email me directly at ryan (at) bevomedia (dot) com.
    Last edited by bibby; August 12th, 2011 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Link drop

Your offer is extremely misleading and confusing. To quote the opening paragraph:
    "To get started, click here now to create your free Bevo Media account (you'll find the Free Coaching program inside) ".

There's an assumption that this is FREE and not PAID. Why not state in you email at the top that verified means PAID?

I think the reason is to induce ABW members to sign-up for a free account and then hope they will pay to be verified.
    Last edited by bibby; August 12th, 2011 at 12:18 AM. Reason: grammer

6. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Ryan, why not offer a discount code for ABestWeb members to wave your $19.95 service/server fee? Would go a long way to vet your system and get valid feedback? Otherwise sounds like some gray marketing!

I read the email as...
    FREE Coaching For All Members!
    ABW has worked hard to secure this deal for its members!
    So who is taken the !!!! ABW or the underhand tactics of Bevo as i, like others read the email as a free service for abw members
    Wait, what? That's right, we've secured an exclusive deal with the good people over at BevoMedia just for you. Bevo's Affiliate Coaching program is perfect for affiliates (actually, for internet marketers in general!) who are either struggling to start out, or who would like to take their affiliate marketing skills to the next level and start banking hard. To get started, click here now to create your free BevoMedia account (you'll find the Free Coaching program inside) -- or, if you haven't heard about BevoMedia yet, read on first...
    3.) Go to the apps section, and opt-in to the Free Coaching Program
    No mention of a fee here either!
    Note: Since this program is free, THE #1 AND ONLY GOAL IS TO TEACH YOU. This is NOT a guru product, this is us from ABestWeb and the folks at BevoMedia trying to provide true value to our members, the best way we know how. So go ahead and Sign up now for free!
    Which bit is free.
    Hmmm
    NOTHING IS EVER FREE - Not even deals put together by ABW. Maybe abw gets a kickback for those that pay $20/month for the FREE Training.
    Mental!
    So Question?
    Has ABW put together a free membership for us?
    Or does the service cost and if so why say it is free!
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="1"]I have enough Nigerien money in my bank account to be able to throw my penis over my shoulder partly covered with my new head of shiny flowing hair to know a spam deal when see one![/SIZE][/FONT]

What's the difference between free training and free $20 training? One costs $20. Would you make an announcement that there's "free donuts in the break room", then stand by the entryway and look people in the eye when you tell them it costs $5 to get into the break room? Probably not a good idea, unless you enjoy getting punched in the face.

Ryan/Bevo Media your ad copy is EXTREMELY misleading. Not only does it sound to me like you are offering an entirely free service to increase awareness of your products, recruit new customers, and build leads for future offerings. It also was made to sound to me as though this was an exclusive deal ABW sought out and arranged with Bevo Media, that special arrangements were made for the members here.

ABW accepted the advertising in good faith. ABW did not arrange any free membership. The service advertised is not available to anyone who isn't verified. The advertisement is very detailed about the free part, but has no mention of the $20 verification fee.

Why not give members what the advertisement implies/promises? Rather than pissing a bunch of people off over $20 in your pocket today, deliver on the "free training" to get some positive awareness (this is really looking negative now), new customers, and leads for other products/services.
    Matt Bidinger
    Online Community Engagement

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Ryan Bukevicz, you have been emailed and called. I am giving you 24 hours to resolve this before it is escalated. I have given you the option of allowing ABestWeb members to PM you for a code for the free training.

Its the low life copy like the op email thats suckers so many folk in and right out of this business!
    Just giving enough info to draw you in then bam in the face with a charge.
    IT IS WRONG!
    It is also wrong in my opinion to accept an ad in good faith or otherwise - when the purpose of the offer is so misleading.
    The email offer, borders on being fraudulent and we are going to give this guy a chance to explain or come good.

How can anyone expect the teachings to be so good when the lure was so tainted!

I am surprised at inet for letting this go through good faith or otherwise.
    The last offer i recall for ABW was an Indian guy with lots of pens in his shirt pocket spouting bollocks in front of a flip chart.
    Quality!
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="1"]I have enough Nigerien money in my bank account to be able to throw my penis over my shoulder partly covered with my new head of shiny flowing hair to know a spam deal when see one![/SIZE][/FONT]

Hey Guys,

Sorry about my delayed response here, I didn't even notice all the responses until a few minutes ago.

I re-read the email and I confirm that the person inside of my company who wrote the copy did NOT write verified until later in the email. I accept blame for this and am sorry for any confusion this may have caused. The email was suppose to be more or less the same as other advertising copy which states both verified clearly and the cost.

Anyhow, I want to make this right! I will give you all a month access to free training. No credit card needed. On top of this, I will give you a month free of verified too. Just shoot me a pm with your Bevo account email and ill get you all set up. This will be ONLY for the ABW guys I Think that after ONE call, you guys will see what I mean about the value we are trying to add with this coaching. Please feel free to contact me to get started AIM: BevoRyan Skype: bevo.ryan or email ryan (at) bevomedia (dot) com. Seriously guys... contact me and I promise we can make this right!

I want to thank Chuck for bringing this to my attention (i may have never even seen this post), and again give you guys my sincerest apology for that mess up on our end.

Ryan

Thanks for your timely responce Ryan tell me when does the 2.5K figure come into play?
    In terms of the actual coaching, I would like to say that the Free Coaching program we offer is probably the best, most hands on approach that you can ever get at this price. For your reference, our normal mentorship program normally runs for $2500 a month. If anything, we should be charging ALOT more for our coaching program, but we are really trying to put focus on providing as much value to our userbase as possible.

That is the Mentorship Program which is running for a few years now. It's a separate, premium 1-on-1 program (not tied to the Affiliate Coaching offered here) that is an hour a day, 5 days a week, scheduled time and place, going through very specific problems related to internet marketing in general and affiliate marketing specifically. A lot of companies do this for their marketing reps (it's basically having a PPC/Online marketing firm walk you through your marketing goals and not just doing it, but explaining what was done and why). In the Mentorship Program, you get a dedicated veteran marketer who will be your mentor for everything related to making money online. The program also includes limited design and programming work if needed.

The verified Affiliate Coaching is once or twice a week in small groups where we discuss and collaborate around demo campaigns. It's helpful for many affiliates for the simple fact that it's an open discussion of like-minded people, plus you get the advice of a seasoned coach who guides the group.

We only do 1-3 Mentorships a month, but there are lots of different groups in the Affiliate Coaching.

Hope that helps!

Ryan,
    Thanks for your response. I'm satisfied that you have made things right. I appreciate your response.

Thanks Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by ewh View Post
    I am surprised at inet for letting this go through good faith or otherwise.
    Ya, me too. Should have been caught before it went out... Previously sales ran everything by the moderating team here to avoid potential mistakes a trained eye catches easily. That helped ensure the quality of the advertising, as well as helped the advertiser avoid potential mistakes. Last year there was a problem that ended that arrangement, but Chuck has some ideas that should help.
    Matt Bidinger
    Online Community Engagement

Ryan shot me an email and a sincere apology and has offered me an opportunity to look and see what they offer.
    Its not really my cup of tea, but the service is for affiliates and seems to offer affiliate training and support so, i have accepted, on the basis of being honest in my findings, which if anyone is interested - i will post here

18. Thanks From:

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread