Small Apparel Merchant Starting Affilliate Help!
    I am new to affiliate marketing, but not new to the concept. I have owned many businesses over the years and I am launching a new clothing line in a week. We are doing a massive Groupon campaign and our online store will have 100's of products not all will be our brand. Our site is very rich in features and offers a direct affiliate and sub-affiliate program right from our site. I am again new to affiliate marketing so looking for pointers on commission structures for apparel, and what is important to affiliates to want to come on board with me.

Thanks

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Have you done an analysis of similiar programs on top affiliate networks? The best thing to do is see what your competition is doing then see if your gross margin allows a more competitive offer to affiliates. If you are planning to offer an in-house then you have to have something ultra competitive and a unique product line. Plan to advertise heavily to get your program in view of affiliates.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Have you done an analysis of similiar programs on top affiliate networks? The best thing to do is see what your competition is doing then see if your gross margin allows a more competitive offer to affiliates. If you are planning to offer an in-house then you have to have something ultra competitive and a unique product line. Plan to advertise heavily to get your program in view of affiliates.

When you say to plan to advertise heavily to get your program in view of affiliates. As a newbie to affiliate marketing where do you suggest I advertise to get my program in fornt of affiliates?

Thanks

Do your research then look to the advertising here via a paid announcement. If you have experience with paid search you can use that. Affiliate program directories are not considered very effective so if you choose that path do it only if free.

IMHO an affiliate network is your most effective means but only after you have proven your site converts.

Thanks for input one other question is where might you suggest I look to see what other merchants are offering to affiliates in the same products as mine which is apparel?

Thanks

You need to become an affiliate and can submit with the site you intend to market. Once you apply to affiliate networks you will have to review the merchants in your category making note of network ranking, EPC, commissions and program terms. Look to the forums for networks here to get a list.

@OP consider SAS (ShareASale) Network affiliation
    @OP I suggest, strongly, that you consider affiliating your new company with the SAS (ShareASale) network. The cost of entry there is far lower than it would be on Commission Junction or LinkShare.

IMHO, if your Affiliate program is offered directly, and not via an established network, you will end up with far fewer affiliates.

Pay a lot of attention to what Chuck suggests to you and GL!

Hello, my name is Jim Restmeyer and I am with Webgains, an affiliate network who works with clients like you new to affiliate marketing. Please feel free to contact me at 212.391-7317 or send me an email, jrestmeyer@webgains.com and I will gladly follow-up with you. I look forward to your reply.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread