OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Park City Utah
    Shake-up at
    Changed at Walmart to better position e-commerce with brick and mortar:
    The retailer says it made that move because shoppers want to be able to move easily between the big retail chain’s stores and web sites. “In these markets, our brands, as well as our bricks-and-mortar presence, [are] well-established, and our customer is demanding continuity between both channels, a seamless experience as she shops in her store and online, comparing prices, assortment and availability,” reads the memo.
    The last time I tried to shop online at Walmart it was a bit of a cluster. I have never considered them to be any semblance of an ecommerce store, more of an after thought.

Having known the previous affiliate manager for a number of years he was always tight lipped. I do know that I would ask him questions each time I saw him at summit and he was still waiting for improvements. Has anything changed?

He says the closer relationship of the offline and online operations in developed markets will help Wal-Mart come to better pricing and merchandising decisions. “Wal-Mart now sees Amazon as one of its main competitors,” he says, “and Wal-Mart is getting smarter in how it can compete with the endless aisles of Amazon.”

While the moves could help Wal-Mart in its battle against Amazon, the retail chain for too long has treated its e-commerce operation almost as a stepchild, says Craig Johnson, president of Customer Growth Partners, a retail consulting firm. "Wal-Mart has been lagging in e-commerce," he says, "but a simple moving around won’t change it. They need to devote the resources to e-commerce, make a commitment to it.”
    They have a long way to go to compete with Amazon's affiliate program.

Read the full article here: Top 500 - Shake-up at - Internet Retailer

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    They have a long way to go to compete with Amazon's affiliate program.
    Loooooooooooong way.

Stopped doing anything with them when they started showing ads and included CSN's products...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread