Hello fellow merchants,

I've been getting a lot of feedback from affiliates as to what they think the best affiliate network is. Affiliate word of mouth is pointing to Shareasale and Fineclicks.

From a merchant's perspective is that on target?

BTW... due to prohibitive set-up fees we've taken BeFree, LinkShare, and CJ out of the running... .

Thanks,

Frank Minero
    UrbanScooters.com

Affiliate Summit Guy Shawn Collins's Avatar
    Frank -

What is your budget, and how much time is allocated to run the program?

Shawn Collins

scollins@clubmom-inc.com
    Director of Affiliate Marketing
    ClubMom, Inc.
    200 Madison Avenue, 6th Floor
    New York, New York 10016
    tel 646.435.6513
    fax 646.435.6600
    http://www.clubmomaffiliates.com

Thanks for the reply Shawn.

Our initial budget is $1,000 and we have aproximately 20 combined man-hours per week we can devote to the program. The more profit potential we see in the affiliate network, the more time we will allocate.

Frank Minero
    UrbanScooters.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    With your www.miva.com shopping cart/e-catalog you have the flexibility to place any networks reporting tag in the final checkout page. Therefore the Share-a-sale solution would probably work just fine. You also could get the cheap version of Kowabunga under 1000.00 or the Ultimate affiliate Program script for 250.00 installed.

Then be prepared to suck up to the affiliates with a high commission rate to entice them to join. Your product lines are all now considered Niche' products and with the .com emplosion of the "Kwell scooter crowd" these must carry a huge markup as OverStock liquidates them right and left.Might as well add in some lines of skateboards to target the same consumer.

WebMaster Mike

Affiliate Summit Guy Shawn Collins's Avatar
    Hi Frank -

Webmaster Mike covered the options well there. I would also add that Miva has their own technology for an affiliate program. I can't speak to how robust it is - I am looking at Miva for a project, and noticed that they listed an affiliate program as a feature.

If you have any specific questions about KowaBunga, I'd be happy to answer them - I've been using their technology since January.

Shawn Collins

scollins@clubmom-inc.com
    Director of Affiliate Marketing
    ClubMom, Inc.
    200 Madison Avenue, 6th Floor
    New York, New York 10016
    tel 646.435.6513
    fax 646.435.6600
    http://www.clubmomaffiliates.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The Miva.com shopping cart was written with a vversital programming language called HTMLscript. They have a huge support community that have customized this cart with everything from affiliate tracking to drop shippers interfaces and database product displays. Many hosting companies like olm.net or pair.com use MIVA as part of the ecommerce hosting packages starting at 29.95/monthly.

WebMaster Mike

I'm pretty new to the world of affiliate marketing. I'm planning on going with an affiliate network partly as a learning experience and partly for the introduction to affiliates.

After I get a handle on it I will certainly consider doing it myself via Miva.

Good point regarding Miva. There's much more to it than we're utilizing. I need to dig in a bit deeper there.

Thanks,

Frank Minero
    UrbanScooters.com

I currently use Miva to manage my affiliate program but I'll be switching to ShareASale pretty soon.

Miva's shopping cart is very robust, but the affiliate features don't have all the features needed to run a good, long term affiliate program.

I think with ShareASale, I'll be able to market my affiliate program with more confidence and hopefully attract a wider affiliate base.

--
    Rodney http://www.ihateclowns.com

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread