AffiliateBenchmarks Survey
    Netx needs your help. Please take our 2011 AffiliateBenchmarks research study so that our industry can grow. Advertisers, Affiliates, and OPMs can participate in our research study for a free copy of the results.
    2011 AffiliateBenchmarks Survey

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    This is an important survey that has been done for several years now. By taking the survey you help to define our industry and get a copy of the results. Highly recommended!

Filled out the survey, but never completed the personal information bit at the end. Don't see why they need my phone number, etc.

There should be an option to do this anonymously. It should be simple enough to tell if anonymous respondents are trying to skew the results.

Quote Originally Posted by kaizen View Post
    Filled out the survey, but never completed the personal information bit at the end. Don't see why they need my phone number, etc.

There should be an option to do this anonymously. It should be simple enough to tell if anonymous respondents are trying to skew the results.
    A Big DITTO on that. Zip code and optional name / biz name would be a whole lot less intrusive and not impact survey a bit.

Is this the same survey that cause such a ruckus in 2009 in this thread?...
    US Affiliate Census Out Now

X

eConsultancy is UK based and Netx is in NYC, don't see a connection.

We only need a respondent's contact info so we can send a copy of the data after the survey closes. Skipping this part of the survey is completely fine as long as one does not want to see the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Netx Emily View Post
    We only need a respondent's contact info so we can send a copy of the data after the survey closes. Skipping this part of the survey is completely fine as long as one does not want to see the results.
    That's not true. The affiliate's name and business name are indicated as required -- marked with an asterisk.

Thus, one could harvest the combination of I make above $200,000 & I use these methods & I prefer these networks & here is my name & here is my business name & here is my email address in many, many ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Netx Emily View Post
    All you need is my email address to send me a copy of the data. Why is the rest required?

ABW Ambassador
    John Doe it.

Yeah.... I guess that's what I'll do. Just wanted to make a point.

Is this an important survey?

contact info optional
    Hi folks

just wanted to chime in here and thank you all for your interest in our affiliate research study. we pride ourselves on our integrity and clearly state our privacy policy at the beginning of our survey. we have been conducting the affiliatebenchmarks research for 4 years and have never had any problems protecting the privacy of the participants. that will never change.

if you feel comfortable participating based on our industry reputation and the reputation of our parent company, Netx (formerly NETexponent) then we welcome you. If you do not feel comfortable participating due to privacy concerns then we understand and wish you all the best.

thanks again for your time and consideration

Peter

we are not econsultancy
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom or Bust View Post
    Is this the same survey that cause such a ruckus in 2009 in this thread?...
    US Affiliate Census Out Now
    It appears that the thread you reference from 2009 discussed an eConsultancy study. They are a different company and in no way related to AffiliateBenchmarks.

Peter and I met this morning at ASE11 to discuss the survey. I have known Peter for many years via the summit and have always found him and his company above board.

Peter please insure that the form for affiliates only requires an email and all other information is optional. I have been assured that information is only used in relationship to the survey and is not sold. Let me know otherwise.

Netx will be sharing survey information with us at the finale of the survey which we can debate at that time.

Thanks Chuck
    ....thanks Chuck for that post. Name, Company, and Email are actually required in our survey. We collect this data so that we can email respondents with the completed survey and to notify them when we are ready to conduct our survey next year. We maintain an opt out list for anyone who does not wish to receive emails from us. We never resell info or share it outside of our company. In the 4 years we have been conducting this research study we have never had a violation.

We encourage everyone to give us accurate information to improve the overall value of the survey. Bad data in means bad data out and nobody wants that.

thanks to all who chose to participate.

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread