I've had a number of experiences where affiliate managers went out of their way to make sure that I got credit for my sales.

The most impressive to me was Half.com. I had messed up one of my links, accidentally deleting one digit from my affiliate number. Over the course of a few months, I ended up with about a dozen copies of that incorrect link. I never noticed. But the affiliate manager did. He saw sales coming in from an invalid affiliate number, tracked them back to my site, credited me for those sales (over $1,000 in commissions!) and let me know that I needed to correct my links. He quickly became my favorite affiliate manager. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I've had the same thing done by Priceline.com. They found three sales where my affiliate id was malformed and gave me credit for them.

Other times, I've had merchants who discovered tracking problems. They had no way of determining how much was missed, so they issued credit based on historical sales amounts during comparable periods of time. Most also added an extra percent to make up for the inconvenience.

Things like this can really show affiliates that they are important.

Michael Coley
Amazing-Bargains.com