Plz need advice on CJ for people who reside outside US
    Hi everyone

I found this forum while searching on google and I believe you guys are doing a great job here with helping each other , which encouraged me to join the forum as I was confident I will get answers on here .

I have a very simple question that is confusing me a lot .

I understand if I live in the US then applying for CJ and their US based CPA offers would not be a problem .

Now I live in Australia and am interested in joining CJ to promote certain US based CPA offers using US traffic , a simple search online revealed that CJ and / or their CPA offer companies do not approve most people who reside outside US when they want to promote those offers , some get instant rejection .

Now my question is , is that true ? and if it is true is there a way to get approved because I do not understand why where I live matters if I will be using US traffic to promote US based CPA offer ?,why I have to be physically in the US to get approved isn't the online business model is that you can do anything anywhere in the world ? , dont get me wrong I understand the basic steps required to be approved by a CPA company but I don't know how me being in Australia would affect that.

If anyone here can please give me their advice I would be grateful , and anyone who been in the same situation as in trying to promote for CJ US based CPA offers while living outside US but using US traffic please share your experience.

Thanks a lot in advance .

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Hello, are you being rejected by the network or merchants as they are two different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Hello, are you being rejected by the network or merchants as they are two different things.

Hey Chuck

Thanks for your reply.

No I haven't been rejected yet , I am yet to apply for CJ , but before doing that I went to Google to search because I don't want to apply for CJ and get approved , then when I want to promote a US based CPA offer get denied by merchants which is the main reason why I want to apply for CJ

So while searching online , I found lots of forum threads about people who after joining CJ found a hard time getting approved by the merchants for US based CPA offers , one of the cases is someone from Canada , and they said its hard to get to most CPA offers if you do not reside in the US which struck me , because if you promote a US CPA offer using US traffic why would the merchants deny you based on where you live ? .

Hope that made it more clear and again thx lot Chuck for your concern .

You can't predetermine if you are going to get rejected by merchants and have to take the plunge. As I have stated in other threads don't take a rejection personally. Treat it as if you are selling yourself to the company and contact them directly. Make your case because most of all merchants want transparency from affiliates. If you have a targeted site, targeted traffic then they would be a fool not to work with you. If they make it difficult then look for a smaller merchant who would kill for a producer. I can tell you that AMs and OPMs here are constantly searching for quality affiliates.

Treat like a job interview, if you send me an email saying "hey I want to join your program" submitted with no name and a hotmail address I will have a hard time taking it seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    You can't predetermine if you are going to get rejected by merchants and have to take the plunge. As I have stated in other threads don't take a rejection personally. Treat it as if you are selling yourself to the company and contact them directly. Make your case because most of all merchants want transparency from affiliates. If you have a targeted site, targeted traffic then they would be a fool not to work with you. If they make it difficult then look for a smaller merchant who would kill for a producer. I can tell you that AMs and OPMs here are constantly searching for quality affiliates.

Treat like a job interview, if you send me an email saying "hey I want to join your program" submitted with no name and a hotmail address I will have a hard time taking it seriously.
    Hey Chuck I don't know how to thank you .

I will take your advice , will take action and see what happens , just a simple question I am on CJ website now applying , the first thing they ask me is country and functional currency , now the country for me would be Australia , for functional currency, if I put AUD which is Australian dollar would that affect the likelihood of me applying for US CPA offer rather if I chose USD , or its just a service from CJ to help pay affiliates with their own currency ?

In other words , does me choosing USD as functional currency means I can apply for us offers and choosing AUD as functional currency means I can only apply for australian based offers ?

I believe its the currency you want to be paid in. Perhaps the CJ mod can answer?

Yeah, it means you are simply choosing the currency you wish to be paid in.

Thank you so much guys for the clarification , this forum rocks

I'm glad you started this thread, and I hope my question does not get lost in it. I manually approve all applications that come to me. I am hesitant to approve publishers outside the US because my company does not ship outside the US. I see a lot of clicks and impressions from publishers outside the US, but not a lot of sales.

Is it unreasonable to think that publishers outside the US will have less visibility in the markets that I ship to?

Thanks,

Susan S. Warm
    CPO Outlets
    CJ Affiliate Manager

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan Warm View Post
    Is it unreasonable to think that publishers outside the US will have less visibility in the markets that I ship to?
    Susan, most webmasters should know how to target their traffic based on a merchant's customer base.

Now, if only ALL merchant's would share, in their profiles, what countries they ship to...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Thanks Convergence!

Where would you look to find out where a company ships to. I may not have made it clear to publishers that are applying. Right now, I usually pop them a "by the way" email.

Susan

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan Warm View Post
    Where would you look to find out where a company ships to. I may not have made it clear to publishers that are applying. Right now, I usually pop them a "by the way" email.
    I look for that info in the Advertiser Detail section. Where you would have your program Description. This way when an affiliate goes to get links/creatives they can easily find it. Emails get lost and/or forgotten when it comes time to put up links.

At least for us this is best.

Some things to consider:

• List countries you ship to
    • Mention if you do or do not pay commissions in certain ship to areas

This allows those that do PPC as well as those that use geo targeting on pages / links / banners to better target their efforts...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

While you can't predetermine if merchants will reject you based on where you live, once you sign-up with CJ or other networks you'll be able to read the merchant's TOS. Some merchants specify in their TOS if they prohibit out of country affiliates from joining their program.

I've seen a few merchants who've included those terms.

So you'll be able to have an idea if you should a particular merchant's program or not!

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread