Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2011
    Location
    hyderabad, india
    Posts
    1
    what is google plus
    HI guys,
    i have heard about google plus. can any body will tell what is google plus.

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    ABW Ambassador daiarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 4th, 2011
    Location
    Beautiful Wales
    Posts
    602
    There was a thread here a few days ago take a look.

    http://www.abestweb.com/forums/midni...rs-147942.html

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2011
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by seoruchi View Post
    HI guys,
    i have heard about google plus. can any body will tell what is google plus.

    Thanks in advance

    It's Google's alternative to Facebook, basically a social network site. It needs a lot of improvement (it's in beta stages), but it's going to be good! Loving the concept already.

  4. #4
    ABW Ambassador purplebear's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    3,960
    Yes, there are actually the two Google+
    Not sure if it's still in the beta stage or not but there is the Google+ that is similar in some ways and different in some ways to Facebook. (Is Google's version tho of a social network site like Facebook)

    Then there are the lil Google+ buttons. Just how you've probably seen the Like buttons having to do with Facebook?? There are lil Google+ buttons that are kind of Google's version to it. You have to have a Google profile to place one of the Google+ buttons on your site and then when somebody who has a Google profile clicks on that Google+ button it's their way of Liking it.

    Can't absolutely say for sure you need the Google profiles but think you might. As I said, not sure if Google+ the social network site is still in the beta stage or not but if it is you need to have an invitation to join it. When it's no longer in beta I assume they'll be letting everybody join.

  5. Thanks From:

  6. #5
    Newbie
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2011
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by purplebear View Post
    Yes, there are actually the two Google+
    Not sure if it's still in the beta stage or not but there is the Google+ that is similar in some ways and different in some ways to Facebook. (Is Google's version tho of a social network site like Facebook)

    Then there are the lil Google+ buttons. Just how you've probably seen the Like buttons having to do with Facebook?? There are lil Google+ buttons that are kind of Google's version to it. You have to have a Google profile to place one of the Google+ buttons on your site and then when somebody who has a Google profile clicks on that Google+ button it's their way of Liking it.

    Can't absolutely say for sure you need the Google profiles but think you might. As I said, not sure if Google+ the social network site is still in the beta stage or not but if it is you need to have an invitation to join it. When it's no longer in beta I assume they'll be letting everybody join.
    Yeah, this is more of an in depth answer to what I said, which is cool because it explains it fuller, so thanks to the poster for posting it, I really should have mentioned the Google+ invites.

    It's a change to Facebook and Twitter because Google+ has what you call Circles, you put the people you have on your page in circles to which they belong in your life, so you may have a close friend in the 'Close Friend' Circle and also in the 'College' Circle since they're a close friend from college, see how different it is? The concept is great, and like I said, it's in Beta mode still, but it should be huge in popularity once it's done. I'm definitely changing over.

  7. #6
    ABW Ambassador purplebear's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    3,960
    Your ) Yeap, from what I've heard the circles seem to be the most popular feature.

    hmm, not sure why the lil smiley guy waving ended up in there, lol was originally just a regular ole lil smiley guy. Don't think I've seen you here before (I had been gone for a while) so waving to ya is appropriate anyway.

  8. #7
    Newbie
    Join Date
    September 29th, 2011
    Posts
    1
    Google+ integrates social services such as Google Profiles and Google Buzz, and introduces new services Circles, Hangouts and Sparks.
    Google+ is available as a web site, and will be available as a desktop application.

  9. #8
    Full Member Lanny's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2010
    Location
    Deep South
    Posts
    330
    Google Buzz will be eliminated for Security reasons
    Quote Originally Posted by drrobert View Post
    Google+ integrates social services such as Google Profiles and Google Buzz, and introduces new services Circles, Hangouts and Sparks.
    Google+ is available as a web site, and will be available as a desktop application.
    Google Buzz will be eliminated, because of Security reasons, within a few weeks. Google is going to replace it with Plus. My wife had been using Google Buzz.

  10. #9
    OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2005
    Location
    Park City Utah
    Posts
    16,646
    I run my email through Google Apps and have joined Google+ but it will not link to work with Google Apps. I get the email notices but I can not activate them.

  11. #10
    OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2005
    Location
    Park City Utah
    Posts
    16,646
    Read this today and am not a conspiracy nut but it makes sense: Google 2.0: Dominating Online Buying | mThink - Revenue Performance

    I would expect that Google would work all angles and wondered why it took so long. In the meantime Yahoo and MSN have gone nowhere fast. The biggest threat to Google is Facebook which is talking about an IPO, why?

  12. #11
    Newbie
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1
    Google plus
    Google plus is a social networking sites like facebook but facebook is more better than the Google plus. Google plus is not much popular such as facebook . And I think facebook is best.

  13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 18th, 2013, 01:28 PM
  2. Replies: 160
    Last Post: June 7th, 2010, 10:13 PM
  3. Many Google Affiliate Network Merchant emails go to Google Gmail Spam Folder
    By Vrindavan in forum Google Affiliate Network - GAN
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: December 18th, 2008, 04:16 PM
  4. Google engines within the engine/Google Co-op/Google Custom Search
    By Alan Hamilton in forum Search Engine Optimization
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: October 27th, 2006, 03:31 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •