Linkshare - ongoing reporting issues?
    Is it just me, or are Linkshare reports "unavailable" more than they are available these days..?

It seems my reports time-out on a daily basis.

Not sure if I missed a maintenance announcement.

@OP You are not alone
    It isn't just for you. I was on the LS Publisher interface, several minutes ago, and data is not available. I don´t know if it is some of their servers or their network infrastructure. Hopefully they will fix it soon.

Ditto here, have noticed that their reports are increasingly more unavailable.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

Linkshare's reports may or may not be the most user friendly, however, I received a check from them this past Friday.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Working well, morning of 23 August 2011
    The issues have gone away. I was on the LS Publisher interface earlier this morning. Everything I tried worked properly.

I wasn't talking about a one-off occurrence yesterday.. it has been an ongoing issue for about a week.. reports timing out more often than not.

Can LS provide some insight here?

I have no idea where we stand for the past week - if this is maintenance or problems with the reporting platform (and are sales delayed?).
    Last edited by teezone; August 23rd, 2011 at 10:05 AM.

7. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    Mine still shows "Reporting is unavailable at this time. Please try again later.". It has been like this since last week, sometimes on, sometimes off...

LS has one of the worst reporting system among all networks, IMO. Especially since they introduced the linksynergy report system, their reporting has been a mess.

I've had ongoing problems getting reports on LS, but it has been particularly bad yesterday and today. I have been completely unable to get any reports to run. Even the standard "front page" LS reports are showing this:

Reporting is unavailable at this time.
    Please try again later.

Super annoying.

Between the constant LS reporting problems and the huge loss of top merchants from LS, I am about ready to just cut LS loose completely. It's a little sad, because when I first began as an affiliate publisher in 2001, LS was the top dog. Now it produces less than 1% of my revenues.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hello All,

We are currently experiencing intermittent delays in accessing reports. We do appreciate your patience as we work to enhance the performance of our systems.

--Ranae

11. Thanks From:

Thinking Commission tracking is not working either
    LinkShare's reporting has been spotty for the almost 2 weeks for me.

I suspect that commission tracking has not been accurate as well, and am probably losing commissions during this time with the spotty reporting on LinShare.
    Maybe it's the new LinkShare Merchandiser feed that is causing the problem because when the reports do load, my overall commissions have been much lower and sometimes non-existent.

Does anyone else seem to have lower commissions than normal while this reporting issue is ongoing?

Quote Originally Posted by Bartleby View Post
    Does anyone else seem to have lower commissions than normal while this reporting issue is ongoing?
    No. It's also the end of summer, many are on vacation.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

14. Thanks From:

@mayfly I'd forgotten that - still intermittent problems
    Quote Originally Posted by mayfly View Post
    <snip> Especially since they introduced the linksynergy report system, their reporting has been a mess.
    @mayfly I had forgotten that. As I recall, I'd hoped LS would give Publishers the option of staying with the old reporting system, which seemed much more "solid" and stable to me. However, as I recall, the new system has more data available, when it works, and usually it does work properly.

I continue to see intermittent unavailability of reporting, frequently. Earlier this morning (approximately 525 A.M., E.D.T.) everything worked fine for me.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanny View Post
    @mayfly I had forgotten that. As I recall, I'd hoped LS would give Publishers the option of staying with the old reporting system, which seemed much more "solid" and stable to me. However, as I recall, the new system has more data available, when it works, and usually it does work properly.

I continue to see intermittent unavailability of reporting, frequently. Earlier this morning (approximately 525 A.M., E.D.T.) everything worked fine for me.
    Intermittent unavailability of reporting, that's exactly the new reporting system's problem...Yes, the new reporting system has more data, but half of it I don't even care about. I don't spend too much time study those data, I'd rather spend time promoting. Whne it comes to the reporting, IMO, the simpler the better.

I agree with JoyUnltd - it is the end of summer, when we expect slowdowns...

LS hasn't placed an announcement on the publisher interface that there even IS an issue with reports (as if we wouldn't notice?) - it would be nice to know if there is a corresponding delay in sales reporting.

Hi All,

There are no delay's in capturing and reportng the sales data. All of the data available in our system is up to date at the moment. As Joy Unltd mentioned, it could simply be the season right now.

--Ranae

Not an end of summer issue
    Quote Originally Posted by JoyUnltd View Post
    No. It's also the end of summer, many are on vacation.
    No, I don't think it is an end of summer issue, unfortunately.

LinkShare changed their Merchandiser link structure, the reporting issues with LinkShare coincide with the new Merchandiser link change-over.

My performance has done much better on every other network - CJ, GAN, SAS, PJ, LC, AF, AL, DR - over this same time.

It just seems odd that my commissions are down only on LinkShare, while they are up on every other network I am affiliated with.

Although I'm new to this forum, I am not new to affiliate marketing. This is an odd occurrence, even at the end of summer for me.

Hi Bartleby,

We have not changed the Merchandiser link structure yet. There are plans of changing it in Sept 19th.

http://www.abestweb.com/forums/links...te-148137.html

I am not sure exactly why you may be seeing lower commissions, but we can investigate if you provide us with your SID/Tracking code via PM. Or feel free to contact the support team directly.

--Ranae

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread