Newbie to Affiliate Marketing
    Hey guys! I'm a newbie in affiliate Marketing. Hopefully I can find information on how to start my site, how to become a good affiliate marketer, and to find out what companies we can join to affiliate for.

Quote Originally Posted by ArinAffiliate View Post
    Hey guys! I'm a newbie in affiliate Marketing. Hopefully I can find information on how to start my site, how to become a good affiliate marketer, and to find out what companies we can join to affiliate for.
    Hey -

I'm new to this forum too - all I have to say is everyone here is very helpful; you came to the right place to learn everything about affiliate marketing...

What made you interested in affiliate marketing by the way? A buddy of mine recently explained to me how it works and I wanted to learn more about it and found out about this forum in an affiliate marketing book I found at amazon.com.

Im a NEWBIE!
    Hi, I have been about to start doing affiliating for about a few months now, Thinking, reading, planing etc. I have come up with several ideas I think have good potential within areas that I am knowledgeble and interested.
    However I have never built a website before and I think I have become overwhelmed with all the information that is out there.
    As I said I belive the Ideas I have hold some good potential but I want to know how to make it perfect and the most profitable and not get it wrong or miss some small important part that makes a big deifference. So I just keep on thinking and reading more and more and months are just going by and I realize I should get started.

I would like to know how I can build my site? How does it look? and I need to have a site and a blog?

well, one of my buddies is in Affiliate Networking, making a ton of money and all.
    I have always wanted to own my bus. and do bus. online.
    So I have done my own research and wanting to do affiliate marketing and roll it over into affiliate network hopefully in 1 to 2 years.
    I just dont know where to start lol, how to make my site look,and need to have a blog? u know?

How about you do you have your site going?

Welcome to ABW!

You will find a lot of information here.. no site is ever perfect (especially at the beginning), and making mistakes will be part of the learning curve. Just don't let that discourage you. How your site looks.. and what you use to build it (Wordpress is a popular platform: http://www.abestweb.com/forums/blogg...ng-142520.html)... is up to you.

You will have to learn how to build/update a website, I suggest you start there..

Welcome to the forum buddy Arin!

Do you have your own site or you are planning to build one? Buy a good domain and a good web hosting.. You can use wordpress or blogspot to get you started...

Hey Arin
    Hey Arin,
    I know what you feel, after all this time researching and coming up with the right ideas you want to make everything just perfect.
    Well, you will learn as you go, as long as you have the determination and drive you will make it, one thing though, consistency is the key, never give up.
    OK, down to the mistakes to avoid, before you do anything make sure you do your keyword research (very critical), WordPress is your best bet to start, or you can buy services and have somebody build a website for you, on-page seo and off-page seo is what you want to be doing constantly, get your site going cause that's the only way to know what you need to do, and then do some more research on seo.
    Good luck to you man, i wish you the best

You need to take some action nothing will be achieved by worrying now about the final outcome.

If you just want to practice try Blogger and the free Wordpress you will learn a hell of a lot in a short time. Then you will have more confidence to get your own domain and your own WP site.

Best of luck.

... but I want to know how to make it perfect and the most profitable and not get it wrong or miss some small important part that makes a big deifference.
    1. No matter what you do it will be imperfect. You will do some things wrong. You will miss small, medium & large details. Guess what: you can still earn money.
    2. The most profitable: you will have to test yourself to see what works. What works for some may not work for you.
    3. There's no guarantees. Stuff happens all the time, some in our control, much not.
    4. It's a never-ending journey. Try to learn & understand too much at once, you'll burn out some brain chips.

As others have said, Wordpress is a good way to start. Go the free route with WP or Blogger if you just want to get your tootsies wet or dive in and get a domain name + hosting account.

Only you know how your mind truly works...so go with the option that gets you into action the fastest. You can always import your free site pages to a hosting account with Wordpress installed or keep them & start a new one.

The options are endless & always will be. The main thing: get going!

Much success to you!
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

Welcome to ABW. JoyUnitd makes some excellent points!

Thank you all for the wonderful feedback! I wish all of you great success!

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Hello Arin and welcome to ABestWeb!
    Hi, I have been about to start doing affiliating for about a few months now, Thinking, reading, planing etc. I have come up with several ideas I think have good potential within areas that I am knowledgeble and interested.
    So what ideas are you thinking?

I don't have a site yet but am currently working on it. Read this blog: Passive Income: The Smart Passive Income Blog - in addition to this forum the link I gave you will give you lots of information.
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; August 24th, 2011 at 01:40 AM. Reason: link

Hey ArinAffiliate,

Welcome to the Affiliate world, i would really like to take the time and tell you that it is not going to be easy, but it will be very rewarding.

I'm an affiliate marketer myself part time, i make a decent income and thinking about quitting my day job soon.

First you want to get as much information as you can and by being here your are already on the right path.

Check out sites like clickbank and comission junction to start and begin testing, you are going to be doing a lot of testing.

Don't worry about having a site right now you can always start with a blog which is easier to setup.

Find a niche that you like and choose a product on the two websites that i mentioned and start promoting, trial and error will get you there.

Best of luck to you, consistency is the key

CoolMaster

However I have never built a website before and I think I have become overwhelmed with all the information that is out there.
    As I said I belive the Ideas I have hold some good potential but I want to know how to make it perfect and the most profitable and not get it wrong or miss some small important part that makes a big deifference. So I just keep on thinking and reading more and more and months are just going by and I realize I should get started.

I would like to know how I can build my site? How does it look? and I need to have a site and a blog?
    Ok. Your first problem is you are WAY over thinking it. Just do something. Get started and learn as you go. Paralysis by analysis gets you no where!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CPA Saw Adam View Post
    Ok. Your first problem is you are WAY over thinking it. Just do something. Get started and learn as you go. Paralysis by analysis gets you no where!!!
    Agreed; One Million percent!

Smile Websites?
    Hey guys! as you know I'm a newbie, and I would like to know where I can look at examples of Affiliate marketing websites and blogs to build mine?

In addition, what traffic would you recommend me using?
    Thanks!

Do you see all those banners spreading on the net? I think most of them are affiliate banners. Click on some and i'm sure you will see what some of their websites(or landing page) or blogs. Or just search in google.

As for traffic types, I guess you will need to have a better idea what niche you want to be in before you can decide what traffic types are suitable for you.

Clicking on affiliate banners will take you to the merchant's site - not an affiliate site.

The affiliate site is the site the banner is on.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Many affiliates don't change the wording of the merchants text links, or change it very little.

You can do a google or bing search...

Newbie!
    Hey guys I'm a newbie in affiliate marketing, I have bought my domain and host; in addition, have done a TON of research! What would I have to do to get my business going? Start my site and a blog?

Thanks guys!

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Arin I merged all your threads into this one and DO NOT start another newbie thread.

No one is going to show you website and no one is going to tell you how to become an affiliate. That is your job or go spend your money on so get rich quick scheme. The forum functions as a guide and a community. It is not a guru guide and we are not here to make you successful. Do you research do your work educating yourself.

You have yet to post what area/niche you are interested in and have given us nothing to advise on. We are not here to do your thinking for you.

You commented:
    well, one of my buddies is in Affiliate Networking, making a ton of money and all.
    So why are asking here if you have a friend with a formula? What is it that your friend is doing that is making so much money?

Chuck,

I understand what you are saying, and If you have not read in the previous threads, " I am a newbie" so IF I knew I could combine the threads together I would!..

Hi there;

It's pretty simple once you've done the research.

You can get cheap formulas now adays for affiliate marketing. just do a search for make money from affiliate marketing etc.

Good luck in your journey!

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread