Hello,
    We are currently in the early stages of discussing starting an affiliate program with Linkshare and had a few questions.

We are currently using Miva Merchant and was wondering if anyone else out there was using Miva Merchant and could share your experience. Did you run into any technical problems.

Also, apparently, we will need to send daily tab delimited files with transaction data. Does anyone have any suggestions for automating this process?

Anything else we should be aware of?
    Thanks,
    David Giacomini
    President,
    K. Schweizer, Inc.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The specific Miva support forum has the HTMLscript geeks in there to answer any questions or even customize a their standard cart/ecatalog. You have full access to place any network's reporting tag on the final checkout page.

Mechants should alway view and edit the order files in the admin interface and then it downloads a standard database file to your machine.

WebMaster Mike

"Anyone can make a dollar, it is when you make sense that it starts to add up."...does your eBiz plan make sense?

Hello David,

I can tell you from working with LS in the past that as far as automating your data, just one thing to be aware of. Make sure when setting up your daily transaction feed, you send SHIPPED sales data only. Be sure to account for backordered, cancelled, and returned sales that you would not want to pay out commissions on.

Just something to keep in mind if you decide to go that route.

Lori-Starstruck

David,

I have launched several program with LinkShare and have been impressed with just how flexible they are with supporting various platforms.

Lori brings up an interesting point as for where in the transaction process to credit the sale. Shipped sale makes the most sense from a logic perspective - but I have recently ancountered several situations where merchants are crediting the sale at time of purchase. This is important if you are trying to stay consistent with other channels who are tracking initial demand. It is also the case that part of your datafeed to LinkShare, the LSTrans, can include cancels and adjustments as well.

My recommendation to you would be to ask them for a list of references who are currently using Miva - they should happily supply this info to you. I myself have served as a reference on numerous occasions for the various platforms I have been involved with. If you are under NDA with them at this stage, you could also for the LSTrans tech-spec to see exactly what is involved in supporting it.

Best,

David

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Miva and Americart are a one click and put in your merchant ID# activation routine. Reporting tags are auto inserted into the final checkout page for 5 major networks.

You can also use MIVA as a standalone independent affiliate sales cart/ecatalog

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread