OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Feedback on Affiliate Summit East 2011 NYC
    This was my second ASE, missed last year but was there in 2009. Always a great experience put on by Shawn and Missy.

Keynotes were excellent as always, quality speakers. Wil Reynolds is fantastic and always worth hearing speak.

Meet Market has become the event to attend at the summits and this year's room was well suited with tall ceilings. Past Meet Markets have been so stuffy as the activity gets the temperature of the room up. Lots in attendance and don't know how it compares to last year. Did hear one comment that there were less tables than last year.

Exhibits were good but downstairs was stuffy due to the lower ceilings. Probably nothing can be done. There were tons of CPA networks (they pay the bills) but there seemed to be less of the spiky haired used car salesman types. Was surprised at how many merchant processors there were. I did see some kids oriented merchants and that was a pleasant surprise. Saw one merchant I had been talking to for six month exhibit without telling me (bummer).

Want to thank Loxly and crew for all the referrals you gave me personally and ABW. Had a lot of people seek me out to tell me so. Also heard that the free forums were well received.
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; August 24th, 2011 at 02:41 PM.

http and a telephoto
    Chuck I have no idea what you are talking about, and suggest you edit your post accordingly. There are no free forums, and I did not refer anyone to you OR to ABW. I suggest you remove this thread, as I will not be back to discuss this.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

4. Thanks From:

Affiliate Summit Guy Shawn Collins's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Did hear one comment that there were less tables than last year.
    That's incorrect - we provide the maps and lists of companies in our exhibitor guides for each Affiliate Summit for anybody who cares to evaluate and provide correct information.

And we're always available - feel free to contact us via Contact Affiliate Summit to clarify anything, rather than going the gossip column route.
    Affiliate Summit - Las Vegas on January 10-12, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by loxly View Post
    Chuck I have no idea what you are talking about, and suggest you edit your post accordingly. There are no free forums, and I did not refer anyone to you OR to ABW. I suggest you remove this thread, as I will not be back to discuss this.
    I would like some clarification on this as a member here. If the new person in "charge" is making stuff up then maybe it isn't the right person for the job.

Connie my comment to Loxly was a bit tongue-in-cheek so let me be clear. I had several comments come to me toward the end of the summit. Here is one that really bugged me.

Prior to the summit I was networking with an affiliate manager for a program I ran back in 2006. We agreed to meet at the summit and sat down to talk for an hour. It had been a tenuous program to run and he was having issues with affiliates. We hadn't spoken other than emails prior to the sit down. At the end of the conversation he thanked me for the help and advice. Then he said I wasn't what he expected because he had meet Loxly at her Meet Market table and she told him to stay away from me. He didn't go into details about their conversation and the only connection between he and I was that I had managed the program he represented 5 years ago. Satisfied?

That's incorrect - we provide the maps and lists of companies in our exhibitor guides for each Affiliate Summit for anybody who cares to evaluate and provide correct information.
    Shawn, was just relaying a comment and wasn't meant as gossip. I will take it by your response that there weren't less tables this ASE. As I said before I thought it was a great summit and plan to attend in January, see you then!

9. Thanks From:

Oh so it was your way of getting digs in at someone. Since most of us didn't know that you meant it tongue-in-cheek maybe it isn't a good idea to make remarks like that.

11. Thanks From:

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Been a long time - looks like everyone is having fun!
    Wow, it has been ages since I visited ABW. Been busy on many other interests, projects and personal enjoyment time. Just dropped in to see how folks enjoyed ASE this year, which I am sure was another quality effort by Shawn and Missy. Didn't expect to see a cat fight between opm types but guess some things don't change.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flamingoworld View Post
    Oh so it was your way of getting digs in at someone. Since most of us didn't know that you meant it tongue-in-cheek maybe it isn't a good idea to make remarks like that.
    Wow Connie, haven't seen you in two years - you look younger than ever!!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

This was my first Affiliate Summit and I thought it was very beneficial. The meet market was the best part.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread