OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Announced today Steve Jobs retires from Apple
    To the Apple Board of Directors and the Apple Community:

I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple’s CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come.

I hereby resign as CEO of Apple. I would like to serve, if the Board sees fit, as Chairman of the Board, director and Apple employee.
    More related to this story

As far as my successor goes, I strongly recommend that we execute our succession plan and name Tim Cook as CEO of Apple.
    Source: and Here:

I am sorry to see Steve retire but as chairman he can still lead the company. He is an impressive visionary who was able to make an outstanding business leader. I wish him well in his retirement and hope he can win his battle with cancer. Hopefully make another comeback.

That's too bad. I've admired his aleadership and vision.

Hi Chuck! Thanks for sharing the news...

Although Mr. Jobs did not specifically list medical issues as the reason behind his resignation, it is likely that the health concerns which caused him to take an indefinite leave of absence from Apple in January now completely prevent him from running the company.
    What is his sickness? I observed that there is a slight change in his built and his getting thinner. Is it a cancer?

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    From second article:
    In some ways, the resignation of Mr. Jobs is not entirely surprising, given his numerous health issues. In April of 2009, he underwent a liver transplant. Five years earlier, a cancerous tumour was removed from his pancreas.

Liver and pancreas problem? Tsk..tsk.. I wish him luck on his health... I am still looking forward for another great contribution in the Apple industry.

This implies that money can't buy health so I hope everyone must take care of their health too as we are working our ass up in the AM.

From the look of it, he's in really poor shape. Sadly, I would be surprised if he made it to the end of the year. I'm sure he's getting the best treatment available though, so that's good.

Its very sad to hear this news....
    He offered best services and Apple products created a great revolution....

Quote Originally Posted by afternoonsun View Post
    Liver and pancreas problem? Tsk..tsk.. I wish him luck on his health... I am still looking forward for another great contribution in the Apple industry.

This implies that money can't buy health so I hope everyone must take care of their health too as we are working our ass up in the AM.
    What? Money can buy robot parts. I mean, look at Cheney. That man has a robo-heart!

Jobs is getting augmented with an iLiver and iPancreas. He'll be back, faster and stronger. They can rebuild him. You'll see.

thats very sad to see MR.Job resigning due to health problems.....but the apple employees realy can't forget his dedicated work before it......
    i wish him good luck for his health....

The only sad thing here is that all his billions of dollars can't save him from his own blind faith in the medical establishment. The body heals itself - cancer is not the big ugly hairy monster we've all been brainwashed into believing it to be. What we understand of as 'cancer' is a perfectly natural healing process the body is going through. Cancer therapies kill. Chemo is lethal. A cancer diagnosis in and of itself is enough to kill most people.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread