Opinions on potential of my coupon code domain?
    Hi

I'm hoping to get some opinions and feedback.

I own the domain couponcodes(dot)in. ".in" is the cctld for India.

I've just started to look into developing the domain and I'm trying to get a rough idea of it's earning potential.

I realize that there are many variables and that it's impossible to be specific but I'm hoping to get your thoughts considering this domain is a category killer, would get type in traffic, and would provide me with an advantage in getting a good rank in search engine results for "coupons codes".

Thanks in advance for any opinions you take the time to share.
    colin72

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    I would think the .in extension would limit your reach. The Google likes to associate country code specific domain extensions to that particular country.

There are exceptions such as .me and .cc - I'm not sure about .in ...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    I would think the .in extension would limit your reach. The Google likes to associate country code specific domain extensions to that particular country.

There are exceptions such as .me and .cc - I'm not sure about .in ...

Actually I wouldn't be trying to reach outside of India. I've looked at the numbers for some of the big coupon code sites and India is often the second country where most their traffic comes from. Retailmenot, for example, has about 500,000 Indian visitors per month.

As I said, I know it's really tough to give estimates but I was just looking for some general ideas of what a site developed using affiliates, etc., could bring in. What if you had 1,000 visitors/ month, or 5,000, or 10,000, or 100,000? Are we talking $5k/year, $50K, more? I have no clue.

Thoughts?

Maybe I should put my questions in perspective a bit more.

I have an offer for the domain. It's not 6 figures but it may surprise you if you do not know much about domains like this. I do not know who the offer is from because I'm talking to a broker. From reading this forum the past couple days and doing some research online, the potential buyer may very well be someone who.... well, isn't held in high regard on this forum.

Getting an idea of the value of the domain is tricky enough but I'm trying to understand the value of this domain as a developed site. I don't want to sell the domain if it could be developed into a site earning 10k a year, or 50K, or 100K, or more.

I realize (as much as I can at this point) that developing is tons of work but I'm just trying to get some thoughts from those of you with knowledge and experience.

Maybe a good question would be, with your knowledge and experience, what do you think you could do with this domain in terms of traffic and income?

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    If you're talking undeveloped domain name value - that IS an entirely different story.

Now you're looking at the possibility the individual wants the domain name as a "hack" type domain. IE: domain-name.in/Boston, .in/Miami, Etc. More than likely they are not interested in India Traffic.

Just because a website shows 500K visitors from India doesn't mean they aren't spammers, hackers, scrapers, etc. Run multiple servers and that's the traffic I see - REGULARLY. (Sorry Adarsh).

As for the value, I see limitations again because of the extension. If you have a 5 digit offer, I would take it...

BTW, One of the worst things you could have done for the value is to post it in a public forum...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread