I just got a call from them, they will advise on how to make your website Hacker Safe then provide a seal of approval. They claim their customers get a 17% increase in sales and a higher percentage of orders coming in by phone.

Anybody have any helpful info on these guys? I'm very skeptical, but if what they offer is true then it's worth the $140 per month for a merchant like us.

Frank
    UrbanScooters.com
    UrbanScooters.com Affiliate Program

ABW Ambassador
    I looked into them, but you have to pay a fee before they will do anything. I do not have any faith in a company that doesn't offer some sort of free trial so you can test them out before you part with your money

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

CJ,

Actually, they just offered to waive the $100 set up fee for us, plus there's a 90 day money back guarantee. We'd just step in and try it, but time is money... and a pretty rare commodity over here... ha.

Frank
    UrbanScooters.com

ABW Ambassador
    If they advise you on how to make your site hacker safe, then why do they charge you $140 per month? What do you get for that?

Once you have figured out how to make your site hacker proof, why do you need to pay a monthly fee?

I am not a merchant, but I would like to make sure my site is hacker safe, as my traffic increases and my affiliate business really takes off (I would definately like to become a merchant of some sort in the future)

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

I've talked with ScanAlert many times at length. It is a monthly service that lets customers know your site is hacker safe, not a service that tells you how to become hacker safe. They have a seal that you place on your site to show that it is safe from, well, hackers. Sort of like VeriSign, but more real time.

I think their service sounds good, and we're considering implementing it. The nice thing is that the service lets you know if you have a breach in security, and covers all entry and exit points - including FTP sites and datafeed sites.

Moreover, their sales and IT staff are very friendly and knowledgeable.

-patrice

patrice.colancecco.milligan
    affiliate.marketer
    eastwoodcompany.com
    e: patrice@eastwoodco.com
    v: 610.323.2200x2206
    f: 610.323.6268
    ::visit our private forum on abw::

The problem I have with ScanAlert, aside from a VERY push salesperson, is that their conversion rate increase claims are ridiculously high.

And their method for determining improvement is a little wacky as well.

I'm going to try it with some A/B testing and really measure if there is any benefit.

The Merchant only wins if the Afilliate wins.

John,

Please post your results when you have them. I'm a bit skeptical about these guys as well, but if they do increase conversion rates... then they're worth their fee.

Frank
    UrbanScooters.com

I'd suggest against using their over priced and "useless" service

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

I'll definitely post the results...but it will be a couple of months. Our testing queue is full at the moment.

ScanAlert folks are reading ABW. Howdy!

ScanAlert, I would suggest you work with Haiko and some folks here to determine how the service could be valuable to merchants and affiliates and design the service around those suggestions.

Conversion rate claims should be very carefully used because we live and die by them. I'll sweat for a month to get .1% and be happy for it. I test detail page designs, button changes, etc. etc. I have NEVER done any one thing that has resulted in the kind of conversion change that ScanAlert is claiming. And I also have never heard from prospective customers that the reason they left was related to hacker fears.

However I am totally open to being proved wrong and there is nothing I would love better than finding a quick easy huge conversion increase. I would also like to find out that Santa Claus is real.

-John

The Merchant only wins if the Afilliate wins.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread