OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Why product data feed technology is essential for affiliate marketing
    Thought this was an excellent article talking about the benefits to affiliates of creating datafeed sites with an emphasis on "long tail" terms.

The affiliate channel has undergone immense change since its inception in the mid-1990s. It has become more professional, with networks and super affiliates making significant investments in technology platforms.

It has also diversified, with the emergence of micro affiliates catering for the sites that form the web’s ‘long-tail’ of niche search product categories. Affiliates are also branching into new areas such as group buying and comparison shopping engines, and are taking their first tentative steps into the domains of social media and mobile.
    For example, an affiliate focused on long-tail search terms – e.g. ‘digital camera’ + ‘brand’ + ‘colour’ + ‘key features’ – will most likely see lower traffic volumes but a higher rate of conversion. Whereas those bidding on generic search terms – e.g. ‘digital cameras’ – will drive higher traffic volumes but have a lower rate of conversion.
    Full article here:

YES! i am very interesting in the "long tail" but i think a long tail like" ‘digital camera’ + ‘brand’ + ‘colour’ + ‘key features’ " maybe not useful for a low PR site. you know it's not sure in the first page of google, it's better to find the long tail use the google keyword tool !

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    it's better to find the long tail use the google keyword tool !
    I doubt you will find the long tail terms via Google keyword tool. The point of the article is that by using the datafeed you can create pages that become the long tail. I know for a fact that several affiliates are putting more care into their datafeed product pages with the intent of them getting well ranked. They are not building them to bring visitors to their site but to get consumers to purchase from the page with no regard for their domain i.e. they are directed to the merchants product page.

yes! I great with you, but i think the way you post is suitable for a high PR site,they will have a good rank, although they built the long tail don't consider the google tool, but for the site which PR<5 is hard to get a good rank...

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread