I thought I would throw out some positive feedback about eBay for a change. I had a $7.90 EPC last year with them and really only probably get a 20-25% reversal rate which is OK with me regarding eBay's affiliate program. My EPC is also on the rise now with them and is probably closer to $10-$11.

The secret? (I forgot who originally mentioned it here - thanks by the way!) Utilize the flexible link and direct your visitors to specific eBay pages. If you sell widgets on your site than mention that eBay has new and used widgets at great prices and provide a link to eBay's widget page. Those $5 registration commissions can add up!

Anyways if you have been hesitant about using eBay because of negative feedback here - I suggest you do some rethinking and add some eBay flexible text links to your site if there is a fit.

Larry Wentz
    www.AffiliateNetwork.org
    www.MultipleDomainHosting.net

ABW Ambassador
    strange, i thought i would try ebay, and in december made lots of money doing just what you have said, then along came the reversals and took over 2/3 of it away!!

i do not think ebay is a good program, when it can put your balance on cj in the red

but then we all think differently

Do all of the reversals come from registrations? Can they ever reverse bids? My site is probably 99% bids, and only a few registrations. Anything to worry about?

I've never had a bid reversed.

I'm pretty sure you're safe with the bids. In order for a person to place a bid they have to be a registered member, so I don't think there's any way to place a fraudulent bid.

quote:
    If you sell widgets on your site than mention that eBay has new and used widgets at great prices and provide a link to eBay's widget page.
    I'm lazy. I just use the ebay search box and tell visitors to find the widgets themselves. I haven't tried direct linking with them, but I seem to get good conversions out of the search box.

ABW Ambassador
    wentzco,
    If you're so fond of that method, I'm curious as to your thoughts on the editor kit...

Supras | Celicas

I've never used the editor kit. In fact I just educated myself on it after you mentioned it to be totally honest. It looks like it would be a good potential revenue for people who run discussion forums/chats and sites that have repeat traffic. Hmmmmm.... it also looks like it has potental of helping a site generate repeat traffic as well........ hmmmm.....

Larry Wentz
    www.AffiliateNetwork.org
    www.MultipleDomainHosting.net

Ebay isn't for everybody. You wouldn't necessarily be very successful selling automobile parts on a cooking site. And though I think there is a way to tie Ebay in to just about everything, obviously from all the boohooing about Ebay, either you're not promoting it right or it just won't work with the content of your site.

Ebay is my biggest money maker at CJ. So, even if they screwed us on the Buy It Now items. By that I mean that we weren't getting paid for them up until this month. At least we're getting paid for them now. And hopefully, going forward things will be smoother. I see a big difference since they added the Buy It Now bids and leads too. So far this month $45 in bids, and 88 leads (of which only 15 have been extended so far). Those Buy It Now purchases seems to be making more leads get accepted each day.

Ebay is successful on my site because people come there looking for stuff that is no longer manufactured. The only place I've found that carries these items is Ebay.

For me it is a no brainer. If I want visitors to my site to find what they came there looking for, I have to provide Ebay links. I haven't spent all these hours creating a site and attracking visitors to it for them to go away empty handed.

I have found that using the Editor Kit makes my job so much easier. I drill down to the exact item and create a page for it.

In November I added over 50 Ebay pages to my site. The search engines have picked them up, and since then my traffic has doubled, and my income has more than tripled from Ebay alone. I've also noticed a large increase in my other sales because I'm getting more visitors to my site.

This isn't rocket science. If something works at your site you expand upon it. If it doesn't work, you figure out why it isn't working, make adjustments, or just take it off completely. I don't understand all the effort expended in complaining that something isn't working for you.

If all you are providing people is a sign-up for ebay banner, and they sign up, but never bid and you get reversed... that's your fault. If you provide a list of items that are available to bid on and they sign up, you have a better chance of not getting reversed because they've already picked out what they want to bid on before they even sign up.

I'm with Wentzco, I like Ebay! Kudo's to him for saying so.

---
    Judge your success by the degree that you're enjoying peace, health, and love.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread