Thread: GHC Forum Closing

Exclamation GHC Forum Closing
    I've decided to close my ABestWeb forum and focus my resources in other areas. My Marketing Gorilla Blog has been around since 2005 and I'm seeing a huge lift in traffic from affiliates that want to learn more about how to promote the merchants we manage.

After a successful Affiliate Summit, I'm implementing some great ideas on how to recruit and educate affiliates and merchants without the financial investment in this forum. Watch for a new employee announcement on September 12!

I'm not quitting ABW. But as I explained to the iNet crew at ASE11, this is a rebuilding year for the forum. Maybe I'll revive it later on.

I've enjoyed running it for the last 2 years and I'm happy to have built great relationships with affiliates along the way.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Greg and Cindy, sorry to see you go but expect you will still be active on the forum.

3. Thanks From:

I understand you closing the forum and saving the funds, however I hope your not just moving to Affiliate Summit forum as other have done in the last few month's. I keep an eye on that forum since Milian moved their. Its by far no replacement for ABW.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Affiliate Manager PetsWarehouse.com's Avatar
    Arrow
    Considering the state of flux the forum is in at this time it's understandable, but in an effort to not lose more traction they should work something out to keep your forum IMO.
    Bob Pets Warehouse
    Worlds Largest Pet Supply DataBase
    Join our Share-A-Sale Program [since 2003] Twitter

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Negotiation has been hot an heavy for several weeks!

Certified Affiliate Manager sunshiner's Avatar
    I fully back Gregs decision to close the forum and would like to reiterate that it is no reflection on the people that own or manage ABW.

You'll still be seeing us around here. I for one don't visit any other forums and even though some of the old timers are gone, there is still a lot of very intelligent new blood floating around here that will be the next generation of ABW.
    Cindy Ballard, VP of Operations, Greg Hoffman Consulting
    Follow Me on Twitter @cingroomer
    My blog, www.oldfartlife.com

Not tellin you how to run your business but think you're making a big mistake. An awful lot of affiliates will come here to keep up with what is going on. Probably the good majority don't log in to do so. I know most of the time that includes me since I just want to see what I'm looking for cos am in a hurry.

Granted I realize am just a teeny affiliate and haven't really done much with any of your programs yet but I had been missing here off and on for a couple of years due to some family health problems. I still periodically tho came here to ABW to try to keep up with things. (didn't log in cos just didn't feel very social)

Am not being disrespectful to you when I say this, but I had no idea who you were. Only found out who you were cos you had your forum here. Without your being here you are going to miss out on other eyes seeing you, too.

As I said, is your money and your business and definitely none of mine. Repeat, am not trying to tell you how to run your business. Am just giving you my experience as an example. Think sometimes people forget that just cos somebody isn't logged in, doesn't mean they don't see a lot of things here at ABW. Probably majority don't log in or even become members but they still see things here.

As to Milan, am not being critical of him either and feel bad for him cos think was a very bad decision he made. Don't know why he did, but definitely think it was a bad decision. Don't know if others felt the same but after finding out his forum left, to me that was a signal that he wasn't really taking his program very seriously. Am sure he's not gonna miss me lol but my work on his program came to a halt after that. I don't want to put a lot of effort into something that may end soon after I have done so.

Affiliates only have so much time and don't have time to be visiting one forum to catch up on one program, another forum for another program, etc. Regardless if people like the changes that have gone on here, this is still the only forum where you have network representatives, affiliate managers, affiliates, etc. You don't find all of that at other forums. Am not bein critical of those other forums, just stating facts.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by purplebear View Post
    Affiliates only have so much time and don't have time to be visiting one forum to catch up on one program, another forum for another program, etc. Regardless if people like the changes that have gone on here, this is still the only forum where you have network representatives, affiliate managers, affiliates, etc. You don't find all of that at other forums. Am not bein critical of those other forums, just stating facts.
    Well said, purplebear. The old saying "Out of sight, out of mind." comes to my mind.

Sorry to see the forum closing.

+1 sorry to see your forum going! As purplebear said: [QUOTE]Affiliates only have so much time and don't have time to be visiting one forum to catch up on one program, another forum for another program, etc.[/QUOTEGHC is a fun team to work with...much success to you!
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

Outsourced Program Manager Affiliate Eagle's Avatar
    Greg,

I know I should probably not encourage you stay being that you are a fellow competitor But I have had the opportunity to talk with you before and you are a super guy. I would encourage you to reconsider it, but I think your minds made up.

I wish you well man!
    Emilio Yepez
    Affiliate Program Manager
    www.lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    PH: 305 389 8955
    AIM: affiliateagle
    Email: emilio@lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    Follow Me On My Twitter

Programs Managed - Join Now! | Navarro.com|| OneWayFurniture | OnlyKidsHangers | EverythingHangers.com | RejuvByCaci.com |

12. Thanks From:

13. Newsletter Signup