Question Is their a way to tell if a merchants in tracking sales on LinkShare??
    Is their a way to tell if a merchants in tracking sales on LinkShare?? In CJ, GAN, SAS I can look at the overall stats for all affiliate to see if a merchant in generating/tracking affiliate sales. In SAS for example its easy to find merchants who have not generated a single sale for any one of their affiliates in months/years.

In Linkshare I have no idea if a merchant has had any sales for any of their affiliates in months/years. For example and this is only an example how do I know that the merchant FORZIERI has ever generated a sale for any of their affiliates in 2011??

Am I missing something???
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

No, you're not missing something... LS is missing something.. and I think it's a real issue. I asked the same question last year, and this was the response:
    Please be informed that we do not have network statistics report (per merchant). Thus, the only information that you will see on the dashboard is for your account only.
    Perhaps this is something the LS mod can address.. when will these stats be available?

3. Thanks From:
    kse

Ok, so now I will explain why I was asking the question (other then I would like to know)

Is it ok or allowed on ABW to make a post for each of my Linkshare Merchants asking if any affiliate at ABW has made any sales for the merchant in question?? I would only be doing this for mechants who have not generated sales in the last 12 months or so. I would not be asking the affiliate for details just if they had a sale track in the last 6 to 12 month's so I would get some idea if the tracking is working for the merchant(s) in question.

What do ABW members think about this idea??
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kse View Post
    What do ABW members think about this idea??
    I think it would be helpful to other affiliates.

It would allow them to compare your findings to theirs
    It may also bring out discussion about those programs, ie: Multiple networks (merchant xyz doesn't get sales for me on LS, but does on CJ, etc)

I like the idea...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

6. Thanks From:
    kse

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hello,

As of now, that statement that teezone posted still holds true, we do not share network statistics from the Publisher Dashboard and you will only be able to see your own data.

--Ranae

Hi Ranae, thanks for getting involved here.

Linkshare seriously needs to reconsider this policy, they are the only network that doesn't provide some kind of "overall" metric for publishers.

Both CJ & GAN provide 7-day & 3 month EPC of your merchants.

There is just no way to assess a site performance without this statistic.

Can merchants see the overall stats of a publisher?

Merchants aren't able to see overall stats, no.
    [SIZE="2"][COLOR="DimGray"][B]Online Marketing Manager[/B] (tom.featherstone at surlatable dot com)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"]Sur La Table - The Art and Soul of Cooking[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by LinkShare Moderator View Post
    Hello,

As of now, that statement that teezone posted still holds true, we do not share network statistics from the Publisher Dashboard and you will only be able to see your own data.

--Ranae
    So as an affiliate how am I to know if their sales are tracking other then to place an order from every merchants I have not made a sale with in the last six month?? And every other affiliate would have to do the same since they would know that my test sale tracked.

What I been doing lately is when a merchants shows up on another network I switch my links from LS Links to the other network links so I can get just this type of information.

Come on we need to know if affiliate sales are tracking or not, we are asking for much.
    Last edited by kse; August 31st, 2011 at 03:56 PM.

11. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    I don't see them doing anything about it. So your suggestion about asking about specific merchants is really the only way (compare notes), besides self test purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust View Post
    I don't see them doing anything about it. So your suggestion about asking about specific merchants is really the only way (compare notes), besides self test purchases.
    First poll has been created, I will add more and hope other affiliates do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by kse
    In Linkshare I have no idea if a merchant has had any sales for any of their affiliates in months/years. For example and this is only an example how do I know that the merchant FORZIERI has ever generated a sale for any of their affiliates in 2011??
    The other issue is that there is no way to compare a merchant's performance with other merchants in their category when searching for new merchants. The only down side to providing these stats is that poorly performing merchants will suffer, and I'm not sure that that's a bad thing from an affiliate point of view. For a network that has so many useless reports, you'd think that they could provide the single metric that most affiliates would actually find useful.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

15. Thanks From:

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread