ABW Ambassador
    Another GAN site rant
    I was just thinking... for a company who keeps pontificating about "the user experience" they sure haven't considered the user when it comes to their own affiliate site. I wonder how Google would rank the GAN site if it were not related? I am spending less and less time on GAN because the new interface takes more and more time to simply navigate from one page to another.

We need -1 button! Hey, maybe that will be my next big campaign...
    Last edited by CanadianDave; August 31st, 2011 at 12:46 PM.
    When the only tool you have is a hammer - everything looks like a nail.

+1

almost unusable if you're in a hurry (and who isn't?)

it's great how the screen sometimes appears, but it's not really ready yet. you still have to wait to do anything - browser locked during loading. total BS and not good for merchants trying to promote themselves.

3. Thanks From:

I 100% agree, I was updating links for all of my GAN merchants yesterday on one of my sites and it was really painfully. Even LinkShare is better then GAN when it comes to getting links and thats really sad to say. CJ by far has the best user interface in my option.
    Last edited by kse; August 31st, 2011 at 12:49 PM. Reason: I need to use the spell check more!!!
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by kse View Post
    I 100% agree, I was updating links for all of my GAN merchants yesterday one one of my sites and it was really painfull. Even LinkShare is better then GAN when it comes to gettiing links and thats really sad to say. CJ by far has the best user interface in my option.
    200% agree!

Google Affiliate Network Rep Google Affiliate Network Moderator's Avatar
    Hi,

Are you using tools such as link subscriptions, saved reports, FTP feeds, Product API and link downloads? Please check out our new publisher resource guide today http://goo.gl/AbCV5 to learn about new things that you might not have been aware of.

Thank you.

Jamie
    Last edited by Google Affiliate Network Moderator; August 31st, 2011 at 02:36 PM.

ABW Ambassador
    ...having the GAN MOD give me the link to the newbie "how to" area is not what I was hoping for in the way of a response from GAN... Just sayin...

8. Thanks From:
    kse

All I can say CanadianDave is user experience is very important. We continue to help our users the best we can and make improvements. If you want to talk more about your experiences, feel free to PM me.

Thanks!

Jamie

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Google Affiliate Network Moderator View Post
    Hi,

Are you using tools such as link subscriptions, saved reports, FTP feeds, Product API and link downloads? Please check out our new publisher resource guide today Publisher Beginner's Guide - Affiliate Network Help to learn about new things that you might not have been aware of.

Thank you.

Jamie
    Jamie, it has gotten worse. Like in the other thread, the site still hangs. You have old and new interfaces and when I click one, it doesn't hold. Sometimes I have to click again. This is obvious stuff anybody can see when you login and it's been that way for awhile now and hasn't gotten fixed. It's just bad user experience. I've not seen one person say yes, we see it, we're working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Google Affiliate Network Moderator View Post
    All I can say CanadianDave is user experience is very important. We continue to help our users the best we can and make improvements. If you want to talk more about your experiences, feel free to PM me.

Thanks!

Jamie
    Do you see any of the things I just mentioned yourself?

Hi Trust,

We haven't had many submit specific examples and when they do, the issues tend to resolve. Many variables can impact performance of a website. What I need is concrete, specific examples, with URL strings, screen shots and steps taken. When I receive that type of information, we can test more accurately.

I do notice on my home PC, using different browsers, things can take time to load in general, not related to the platform, or script errors that appear that can slow the load even more but my connection at home is also flaky.

I have been using the interface frequently today without any issues. If you have further specific information, please just PM me or submit a support ticket: Contacting Support - Affiliate Network Help

Thank you,

Jamie

ABW Ambassador
    From this link - https://www.google.com/accounts/Serv...etwork&cd=_GAN

Takes 40+ seconds to load after signing in. I had the other networks open, SAS, LS, CJ etc and loaded pretty instantly.

When you're in, let's say I click Advertisers and want to switch to Classic version. First, there is that waiting again to switch over. Then let's say I click over to Reports or another Category, since the default is the new Version in the nav bar, I get the new Version, after waiting again. Then I want to switch to Classic again. Is there a way to use Classic throughout when navigating instead of having to click over every time? I go from one category to another and constantly have to click Classic and wait some more.

Takes 40+ seconds to load after signing in.
    Ditto. Every time. The only screenshots I could send would be a blank page..

Jaime, you may want to test this yourself from an outside ISP - you're looking at the interface from within G. If it was an isolated incident related to our own connections, browsers, etc. there wouldn't be so may of us with the same problem.

14. Thanks From:

Not Alble to Bulk Update Links
    Finding the "contact us" option in the GAN interface is a challenge, and even after that you have to click tons of boxes to queries that are not relevant to what you are reporting. How about simply "Found a bug"?

Anyway, the "bulk upload links" tool is not working now. Also my stats are showing "This information is currently unavailable. Please check later" and the top advertisers is showing "This information is currently unavailable. Please check later".

I've got 4 bars with GAN, but no one to contact and nothing works

Surprisingly I got a response from GAN within a few minutes of sending them a note. The response said "You are experiencing this error because your cc-dt.com cookie has too many
    entries in it.

The solution is to clear your cookies.

This error likely happened because you were setting cookies for numerous
    merchants by clicking on links repeatedly, which is common when affiliate
    publishers are setting up their sites and testing links.

This error is extremely unlikely to happen to an average user."

This was sent from an anonymous individual at GAN. Please note that the email leaves no room for uncertainty. "The solution IS to clear your cookies."

Well, I clear my cookies, and that does not solve the problem. Then I try uploading links using a different browser (Opera, which I hardly ever use), and surprise, surprise: Same problem. I responded to Anonymous, let us see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by jantaro View Post
    This was sent from an anonymous individual at GAN.
    The use of DO-NOT-REPLY anonymous email addresses by Google in general is one of the biggest problems by that company.

:coffeetim

Publisher support responses may not always appear to come from an individual but the emails are never sent as 'do not reply'

The affiliatesupport@google.com/contact us support queue is manned by staff who responded individually to each query.

ABW Ambassador
    @GAN Moderator: On a totally seperate subject, it appears that the header image for this forum is broken/bad/old/gone/missing (and the alt text is still Performics). You may want to get someone to install a proper image.

20. Thanks From:

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread