Outsourced Program Manager Sarah Bundy's Avatar
    Vancouver Local Meeting Sept 8th - James Martell and John Chow confirmed
    Hi Everyone,

We're excited to have our second local Affiliate Summit meeting in Vancouver next week, Sept 8th. We've just received confirmation that John Chow will now be attending. James and Arlene Martell are also excited about the meetup and will be there for networking, questions, etc .

We have three speakers this time, covering topics such as

1. "How to utilize Hootsuite for affiliate marketing", plus a quick overview of the Hootsuite affiliate marketing program.

2. PPC best practices for higher ROI and better ad performance

3. How to write an effective internet marketing plan

If you're in the Vancouver area and would like to join, it's a pretty full house already, but you can learn more here and keep your eye out for future events.

Cheers,

I wish I weren't so far, Sarah. Sounds like a great event! What's the vibe of your Meetups, typically? Are they formal? Or do you keep them pretty informal?

Hi Ashley,

It should be a great night! We're all really excited. wish you could make it too.

This is only our second local meetup, however the first was very informal. We hosted the first event, which had 12 attendees at a local pub. James Martell did a short talk on Outsourcing. Everyone ate, drank beer and networked aside from purhaps 15-20 mins of speaking.

This time around, we have three speakers who have 15 mins each on different topics that would be relevant to everyone (or at least most). It's at another local pub but we got a private room this time. People buy their own food and drinks. We have about 45 people coming to this particular one, and I expect we will get even more at the next. It's a great opportunity to meet with some leaders in the industry (we're lucky here in Vancouver) and meet some cool people who might leverage some new ideas or partnerships.

You should check out your local meetup in Orlando. I believe you have one there too. Checkout the affiliate summit forum or facebook group for all the local meetup info.

Cheers,

Oh yes, I've been to the one here in Orlando. This month's completely slipped my mind, so I'll be anxious for the one next month.

Was just curious to know how different ones vary. Hope you have a great turnout!

Thanks Ashley,

Should be good. How was the last one you went to? What did you guys discuss? How was the turnout?

The last one was several months ago. I believe it was prior to this new "Affiliate Summit initiative" to have Meetups concurrently throughout various cities. I don't even think there was a speaker, we just got together for some drinks and stimulating conversation (of which both I'm always eager to have)!

The turnout was pretty good. Maybe 30+? We have a pretty good little affiliate/social/digital community going here in Central Florida!

Ha, sounds awesome. Well enjoy your next one. Maybe I'll post a summary of the event after the fact so people have a quick review

Good luck! You should definitely post about it. Also, Tweet the heck outta it. People will take note at some point!

P.S. I'm now going to Follow you on tha Twitter.

Great! and we will don't worry You can also follow @jamesdmartell and @ninjaonthegrind for updates on the event. Mine is @svbundy in case you didn't see it in my sig.

talk soon!

Vancouver Local Meetup is tonight! 40 Confirmed guests including James Martell and John Chow. Three local speakers. Looking forward to a great night! Hope to see some of you there!

How was your meetup, Sarah? Good turnout?

Hey Ashley,

Thanks for asking. Ya, it was a great! The speakers were really good and we had about 20 people all in all. Good group, good mix. looking forward to the next

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread