How Do You Get An FTP Username & Password?
    I just wasted 10 minutes of my life talking to CJ support, who didn't even know what an FTP was...seriously, how hard is it to actually train your staff??

Anyways, I'm trying to import feeds into Price Tapestry...to do this, instead of the feeds being .gz or .zip, I need the actual feed URL to enable them to be automatically updated with PT.

I was told I needed to login via datatransfer.cj.com and I could locate the feed URLs once I was connected. How do you get access to their FTP? I also read that you have to apply with CJ to get this user/pass. Well, if they don't even know anything about it, how do you get it?? Any guidance is greatly appreciated!

Are you approved to get datafeeds?? When I applyed and got it a few years ago you had to have 3 month's straight of sales over $5,000 a month (or something like that)
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Quote Originally Posted by kse View Post
    Are you approved to get datafeeds?? When I applyed and got it a few years ago you had to have 3 month's straight of sales over $5,000 a month (or something like that)
    that's not true for normal datafeeds anymore - anybody can get them.

go to Account / Services and look around. you can create a product export and it will send the files to a folder where you can ftp them. you can also generate an ftp password. there could be other steps involved, or other ways to do it, but that's what superCool does.

try CJ help > search for export > click Product Catalogs > click the link to the Scheduled Data Transfer Guide
    it might be what you need

4. Thanks From:
    kse

Quote Originally Posted by superCool View Post

go to Account / Services and look around. you can create a product export and it will send the files to a folder where you can ftp them. you can also generate an ftp password. there could be other steps involved, or other ways to do it, but that's what superCool does.
    thanks...i had to change my delivery method to cj ftp, save it and then come back to see that i could generate a new password. but, it doesn't say what the password is...i have no trouble uploading via my own ftp server, but i need the feed url for it to work properly in price tapestry

do you know how to see the password or to get to the folder to see what the actual feed url is?

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread