Email marketing service provider recommendation
    Hi all,

I'm looking at email marketing service providers, but I can't find an ideal partner, and I thought you all would have some good ideas & experience with this. Ideally, I want something:

1) free (a must for now)
    2) allows use of single opt in sign up forms
    3) is easy to use (not much coding required)

I signed up to Mail Chimp because it's free and there's not much coding involved, only to discover that it requires double opt in sign ups.

Is there a provider that offers all 3 things & what email marketing providers do you guys use?

Thanks in advance!

Here is the list of email marketing service which you can look into:

Posterous
    MailChimp
    Campaign Monitor
    Constant Contact
    YouSendIt
    10MinuteMail
    Mad Mimi
    Emma
    Postmark
    Zimbra
    Aweber

They are free service providers. Some of them requires service charge but less as compared to others.

email marketing is very effective way to retain your existing customers and acquire new customers it will also maximize the effectiveness of the business.

there are many free email service providers as you can try madmini or mail chimp.

Most email services require a double opt-in to make sure their service doesn't wind up on spam lists which would affect all their clients emails being rejected. I have seen articles how single opt in builds a list faster, but this doesn't take into consideration all the fake emails submitted.

Just curious, why do you prefer single opt-in? What are the advantages?
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

Thanks for the help guys!

Just curious, why do you prefer single opt-in? What are the advantages?
    I'd like the option to test, more than anything.

At a company I worked for previously, we always used double opt in for all the reasons you know already: make sure all emails are valid, reduce bounces & spam, higher quality addresses, etc.

Because we used double opt in, we had a large list of single opt in email addresses (people who had signed up but not clicked the confirmation link) that were doing nothing for us. We decided to test that list against our double opt in list. We were surprised to find that the single opt in list performed better than the double opt in list in almost every metric - opens, clicks, CTR, and conversions.

I'm not saying that works for every website in every industry, but in that niche, for that website, it worked. I would like to have the option of testing single vs double for my own website.

If I have to use double opt in I will, but with Mail Chimp (for example) I won't be able to even test the single opt ins (as far as I know).

Aweber offers a first class comprehensive service at about $19 per month, free options are available as stated in other posts but as for everything in this life you get what you pay for (Well nearly always I guess).

Quote Originally Posted by daiarian View Post
    but as for everything in this life you get what you pay for (Well nearly always I guess).
    So true... once I have enough $$$ for a budget I'm happy to upgrade, but until then it's bootstrapping time.

Quote Originally Posted by CFW View Post
    ...Because we used double opt in, we had a large list of single opt in email addresses (people who had signed up but not clicked the confirmation link) that were doing nothing for us. We decided to test that list against our double opt in list. We were surprised to find that the single opt in list performed better than the double opt in list in almost every metric - opens, clicks, CTR, and conversions.

I'm not saying that works for every website in every industry, but in that niche, for that website, it worked. I would like to have the option of testing single vs double for my own website.
    Thanx for the info! You hear "only do double opt in" for so long, it becomes a mantra & you don't even question it. So how do you deal with spam claims with single opt ins? Or wasn't it an issue in your vertical?
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

For the time I was with the company, spam complaints were not an issue. We got more spam complaints than with double opt in, but since the number of email addresses we were sending to was much higher, the percentage was still very low. Remember, single opt in people still have to give you their email address.

There is a post at blueskyfactory.com that (in my opinion) is a good discussion of single vs double opt in
    I think there are too many good points in the post to quote them all here, but I think it's a good read - gets the ol' brain juices flowing.

As with anything, it's always best to test different things - even when you test against the current conventional wisdom (sometimes especially then).
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; September 27th, 2011 at 11:54 PM. Reason: No links for newbies

10. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Here is something else to consider when using email marketing, good article on the numbers from Internet Retailer: One in five e-mail messages never reaches the inbox, report says

I may be naive but ...
    I do not understand why you would pay a company to send and manage your email list when there is perfectly good software out there that does it for you. The programs cost around $500 and they run from your server. No monthly fees.

I administer an 80k email list that we send twice a month.... that would cost me $500 per month from one of these list services ... am I missing something here?

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Not everyone is comfortable using their server for emails/newsletters. I think it is justified when you grow to a list of that size.

You're right, it wasn't very comfortable at first, in fact I screwed up a good portion of my list when I first started out by having my PTR set up incorrectly and using a self-signed certificate.

I was also on a shared server which added to my negative footprint. My ip got banned by several big email repositories like Gmail and Bellsouth.

So, I got my own dedicated server with a fresh set of ip's and hired someone from elance to provision my server ... about $350, bought the best software I could find and It's been smooth sailing since.

So it is a pain at first, but the software I have is as easy to use as the online email centers and I am saving major bank every month.

15. Thanks From:

There are lots of useful software available in the net. You can use any of these software. It would be helpful for you in terms of email marketing. If you use this software, you need not to spend money for this.

Quote Originally Posted by CFW View Post
    Hi all,

I'm looking at email marketing service providers, but I can't find an ideal partner, and I thought you all would have some good ideas & experience with this. Ideally, I want something:

1) free (a must for now)
    2) allows use of single opt in sign up forms
    3) is easy to use (not much coding required)

I signed up to Mail Chimp because it's free and there's not much coding involved, only to discover that it requires double opt in sign ups.

Is there a provider that offers all 3 things & what email marketing providers do you guys use?

Thanks in advance!

There is nothing Free that will provide you something that your looking for Email marketing is all about the best providers. People switch from one platform to another because they don't find them effective. Wasting your time on something that wont benefit you. I will recommend you to use a small package of a company and try the service and I'm sure you will find them much better then a service with is free.

Companies that provide Free service never gives dedicated stuff to its customers. As it not possible that the company purchases SMTPS, Domain and IPs and provide Free to its customers. It's just fake and you will never have a delivery rate for that service. Purchased plan will provide you dedicated SMTP+Domains+IPs that only you will be using and having a great Click rate and Delivery rate on your Campaign.
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; October 30th, 2014 at 04:32 PM. Reason: This guy has 2 posts and mentions IMailUnlimited in both.

18. Thanks From:

Hi,
    I know that, Email marketing service is the best way to increases business sales and productivity.
    So Here is the list of email marketing service provider and its free:
    Mail Chimp
    Constant Contact
    AWeber
    iContact
    Vertical Response
    Campaign Monitor
    SMS19
    Pure 360

They are free service provide and some take few charge.

20. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread