Question A List Of Reputable Merchants?
    Hello everyone. Question to the staff at ShareASale or to the members who have been with ShareASale for some years - Is there a list of reputable merchants from all categories available that I can take a look at? I am in the process of developing one big website and would like to work with various merchants who are serious about their business and care about their affiliates.

From hiring people to spending thousands of dollars on promotion to maybe taking a small investment, I have no time for fly-by-night merchants.

I am looking to work with various merchants that have:

1. A dedicated affiliate manager or reputable OPM. I am looking to build a long-term relationship with the affiliate manager or OPM, as well as with the company CEO. Always be available via phone, email, IM, twitter, etc.

2. NO leaks on their website. NO adsense links, no banners or text links linking to other sites

3. Phone Tracking. Phone tracking is a must. I want my users to be able to call the merchant up and ask any questions they want about a particular product they're interested in. Have the proper code available, so I received all credit from the phone sale. Hopefully, the merchant provides outstanding customer service

4. A low return rate

5. Auto-Deposit always on

6. Products that sell

7. Hundreds of promotional material

8. Again, does not screw their affiliates. If I am working hard to promote your product and I make legitimate sales (I know there may be some returns here and there), we should not have any problems, right?

So, is there a list somewhere of reputable ShareASale merchants? Am I asking too much of the merchants? Again, I don't want to put months of hard work in, put in thousands of dollars on my new website and then fall flat on my face because merchants don't want to get their act together. It's not a good feeling.

Thanks For Your Kindness

You sound like you've been around the block enough times to realize that much of what you're looking for are the kinds of things you can only find out for yourself.

In particular - as to who is reputable and trustworthy - there is so much backpattery and buttkissery in the affiliate world that no list or consensus concocted by the affiliate community at large can be relied upon to blindly place one's faith upon.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

lol @ buttkissery
    We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves.
    ~Lynn Hall

Grapes, you've created a great checklist for merchant approval, but like davidh says; this is part of the research that's necessary for each of us to perform. The one thing that you could add to your list is to check the merchant here on ABW.

Once a merchant has passed the smell test, do a search here on ABW to see if there are any positive/negative comments or red flags. If you're still in doubt, ASK. Start a thread and ask what type of experience others have had with the merchant. And by all means, GET INVOLVED ON ABW, contribute and learn. You'll find lots of great info on merchants, OPMs, networks, SEs, etc., and a community of like minded individuals that can help cut through the BS.

So welcome aboard. Hope to see more of you.

-rematt

... and "buttkissery" is destined to become a classic.
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

5. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    The closest ABW has to a list is the voting booth forum, look over several years to get the best idea: ABestWeb Voting Booth - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    The closest ABW has to a list is the voting booth forum, look over several years to get the best idea: ABestWeb Voting Booth - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum
    I always found the "Best in" to be the biggest joke at ABW, it was a place where friends voted for friends or voted for Companys who paid to be here. I hope this changes in the coming year.................
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I agree but the list is generally valid.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Grapes,

If you need help or are looking for a short list, I'd be happy to help you. Please shoot me an email to brian@shareasale and I can get you a short list of those on ShareASale who have had a very long and reputable track record.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Affiliate Manager Government Auctions AM's Avatar
    Grapes, looks you know exactly what you want! That's great! What niche and target marketing are you looking at?
    Steven Shnayder
    [B][URL="http://www.governmentauctions.org"]GovernmentAuctions.orgŪ[/URL][/B]
    Join us on [URL="https://signup.cj.com/member/brandedPublisherSignUp.do?air_refmerchantid=2932365"]CJ[/URL] [URL="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=10834"]SAS[/URL] [URL="http://www.governmentauctions.org/home/partners.asp"]ClickBank[/URL] [URL="http://twitter.com/GAORGAFFILIATES"]@GAorgAffiliates[/URL]

Grapes, that's a fantastic 1st post for ABW and a wonderful checklist
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapes View Post
    Hello everyone. Question to the staff at ShareASale or to the members who have been with ShareASale for some years - Is there a list of reputable merchants from all categories available that I can take a look at? I am in the process of developing one big website and would like to work with various merchants who are serious about their business and care about their affiliates.

From hiring people to spending thousands of dollars on promotion to maybe taking a small investment, I have no time for fly-by-night merchants.

I am looking to work with various merchants that have:

1. A dedicated affiliate manager or reputable OPM. I am looking to build a long-term relationship with the affiliate manager or OPM, as well as with the company CEO. Always be available via phone, email, IM, twitter, etc.

2. NO leaks on their website. NO adsense links, no banners or text links linking to other sites

3. Phone Tracking. Phone tracking is a must. I want my users to be able to call the merchant up and ask any questions they want about a particular product they're interested in. Have the proper code available, so I received all credit from the phone sale. Hopefully, the merchant provides outstanding customer service

4. A low return rate

5. Auto-Deposit always on

6. Products that sell

7. Hundreds of promotional material

8. Again, does not screw their affiliates. If I am working hard to promote your product and I make legitimate sales (I know there may be some returns here and there), we should not have any problems, right?

So, is there a list somewhere of reputable ShareASale merchants? Am I asking too much of the merchants? Again, I don't want to put months of hard work in, put in thousands of dollars on my new website and then fall flat on my face because merchants don't want to get their act together. It's not a good feeling.

Thanks For Your Kindness
    Might start with the SAS Top 100 Power Rank and then go thru them and then search on them here.

13. Thanks From:

A big thanks to everyone who have responded in this thread.

Brian, I will send you an email in a couple of hours for that list. However, I do understand no matter how many lists I look at, I pretty much have to engage in due diligence for each and every company I decide to work with.

I am not new to ShareASale or ABW Forums. I have been one of those affiliates that signs up to a program and just didn't really do anything (come to the conclusion that a particular program requires a lot work to make one cent). Create a gazillion "thin" affiliate websites (hopefully easy money makers) and see what works. Some affiliate programs I would put work in and others I would do nothing. ShareASale was one of the programs I did not want to work hard for.

Now I have new eyes, new ears and a new work ethic. It's time to create a sustainable business. I have to be humble, put my head down, and just get to work. I am not crazy, it's not going to be easy. A ton of work will be needed, so I'm preparing myself mentally. But, I am in it for the long haul.

I am looking to work with all merchants. This is a risky idea that I'm going to pursue. I may fail big time. If I fail, so what. I just have to pick myself up and start again.

I Thank Everyone For Their Kindness

15. Thanks From:

Certified Affiliate Manager sunshiner's Avatar
    Hi, and remember while going through your list that its not always the largest or most popular merchants that are the best. Some of the smaller, lessor known merchants have fantastic programs and will work very closely with you, especially if they have an affiliate manager.
    Cindy Ballard, VP of Operations, Greg Hoffman Consulting
    Follow Me on Twitter @cingroomer
    My blog, www.oldfartlife.com

17. Thanks From:

Outsourced Program Manager Sarah Bundy's Avatar
    I agree with Cindy, sometimes the little guys have the best payouts / programs / affiliate managers and earning opportunities. It's important not to discount them either... but like you said, you'll have to do your research to figure out the programs that are best for you, for your site and for your target market / site traffic.

Outsourced Program Manager
    Let me throw in a $.05 worth. Look for niche markets merchants that seem to not have tons of links in Google/Yahoo as it will be easier to rank ur site

Also as above, look for programs that have good affiliate managers and incentive programs for sales and don't forget auto deposit :-)
    Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager AMWSO
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

20. Thanks From:

While lists from others will be of some value, your own due diligence is best. Constant monitoring is also a must. Award winning merchants have been known to cross over.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

22. Thanks From:

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread