Thumbs down Little Miss Matched (SaS) Now 0% Sales Commission
    This is an automated notification regarding a commission change for the Miss Matched, Inc. ShareASale Affiliate Program.

This merchant has made a change to their default commission rate.

Previous Per Sale Commission: 5.00%
    New Per Sale Commission: 0.00%

If you have any questions regarding this change, you should contact the merchant via your ShareASale account.

===========

I guess this merchant is ending their program next.
    :coffeetim

I understand a merchant's motivation in dropping commissions to 0%; since they're probably closing their program they don't really care if they piss off their affiliates or not. I get it, they're scum.

But what about the networks? Why would they let a merchant screw them and THEIR affiliates? Actually I don't recall this happening with any network other than SaS. Do other networks have some mechanism in place that prevents merchants from zeroing out their commission structure?

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    In my experience you have to honor the pixel and the cookie through the duration of the contract. SAS has a 30 day policy but if the merchant has a 90 day cookie then sale should be tracked through the 90 days. Most networks have a 7 day notice some a 30 day notice. Rematt is right that a 0% commission screws the network too.

Rematt, I think Brian has addressed this previously. I'm just not sure exactly where. Chuck is probably just about right here.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by gamweb61 View Post
    I guess this merchant is ending their program next.
    Which they notified us of months ago. In fact, it was supposed to have been closed sometime in the summer. I'm surprised it took this long for them to get around to it. They moved to GAN.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Rematt, I think Brian has addressed this previously. I'm just not sure exactly where. Chuck is probably just about right here.
    Yeah, I know this has been discussed a few times, I just don't recall the outcome of those discussions. which is why I'm not sure why it's still happening. I guess it's time for me to use the old search box.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Quote Originally Posted by lewister View Post
    Which they notified us of months ago. In fact, it was supposed to have been closed sometime in the summer. I'm surprised it took this long for them to get around to it. They moved to GAN.
    Ahh, it appears that the merchant did give prior notice. My sincere apologies for calling them "scum" and for doubting SaS.

-rematt

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    The following was their announcement - I'll be closing the program today as accepting traffic and not paying commission is obviously unacceptable.

----------------------
    Hello Affiliate friends!

Hopefully you've been keeping up with the changes in our program and have taken the time to check out our new affiliate page.

In order to insure a smooth transition to our new program and prepare for our very busy Fall and Holiday seasons, we'll be winding down our program on Share A Sale by the end of August 2011.

On July 30th, our default commission rate on Share A Sale will change to 5%. On August 31st, the Share A Sale pixel will be removed from our site.

Please work with Julie Stepkowski, our Program Manager to transition to the new program. You can contact her directly at affiliates@littlemissmatched.com .

Happy Promoting!

LittleMissMatched
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread