Rugby World Cup 2011
    Two days away from the third biggest sporting event on the planet, after the Olympics and soccer world cup.

All eyes are on Auckland, NZ where the All Blacks kick off against Tonga in RWC 2011, can they really win it this time after a gap of 24 years.

Watch out for the Aussies who are peaking at the right time and current champions the Boks will they fall at the first fence to my boys from Wales.

Scotland will struggle but Ireland should get through to the quarters beginning with a win against the USA. England, are perennial achievers at the World Cup but I don't think they will get past the semis.

Possibly a Southern Hemisphere final with NZ just shading Oz.

Let the debate begin

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    We'll see, England Rugby team, unlike the football team have a talent for doing better than expected at the big events of late. I've not really followed the build up so couldn't really say who I think will do well but you can always place safe bets on NZ, Aus and SA to reach the semis. Wales look to have a good team so hope they will do well, be nice to see more of the home nations getting to the semis for a change...and don't forget Argentina, always underestimated and they have a solid team. Now I just need to hope we actually get it on the TV this year. We used to get a lot of Rugby but of late...nothing....worrying that is!!!

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Have never followed Rugby - doesn't get a lot of coverage in the States. Think my first real exposure was Invictus.

Enjoy, rugby fans...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Day 1

Comfortable wins for NZ and Fiji but Scotland struggled to overcome Romania, France only overhauled Japan in the last quarter and England were so lucky not to lose to Argentina who led for the first 68 minutes.

Big one tomorrow Wales v South Africa

Looked like Wales might pull off a mighty upset there for a while, ever so close to doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris - AMWSO View Post
    Looked like Wales might pull off a mighty upset there for a while, ever so close to doing it.
    I have never before seen Wales dominate a game so much and then contrive to lose.

Huge pressure now on Sunday's game against Samoa.

Week 2 and the shock so far Ireland beating Australia. All other results as expected but some tasty matches coming up.

Tomorrow 04.30 UK time Wales v Samoa, a must win game for Wales, lose and they are out.

England getting all the wrong sort of publicity after having a few (or more) beers, they need a good win over Georgia tomorrow.

just watched the canada vs. japan game last night, it was a back and forth game, gonna have to watch more matches now

Quarter final places almost decided but there are a few must watch matches coming up especially Scotland v England. This is a game Scotland must win or they are on the next plane home.

Fascinating contests in the quarters and it looks like a clean split between Northern and Southern hemispheres.

Quarter Finals

Wales v Ireland
    England v France
    South Africa v Australia
    New Zealand v Argentina

At the business end now, its knockout Rugby, how will NZ fare with the loss of Dan Carter a huge blow for them.

First game Saturday 8th October 6.00 hrs London time.
    Last edited by daiarian; October 2nd, 2011 at 04:10 PM. Reason: misspelling

I don't see New Zealand having any major issues against Argentina, but the other 3 matches should all be pretty challenging. South Africa vs Australia will be the main event. Could go either way.

France vs England, close match, probably more penalties than tries in this one

Wales vs Ireland, my money would be on Ireland coming away with the win.
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

really enjoyed Ire v. Italy yesterday. Just scrappy enough - and considering there were 2 totally legit tries disallowed I'd say the Irish made a pretty good statement to the remaining sides.

Semi Finals to be played Saturday 15th and Sunday 16th October

Wales v France

New Zealand v Australia

The Welsh Dragons are on fire could be Wales v Australia Final, any Kiwis out there thinking differently

bad weekend for me, each of Ire, Eng, and SA all out.

At least the Ire v. Wales and the SA v. Auz were very entertaining.

I am now throwing all my support behind Wales, I think it would great for rugby for Wales to win it.

Quote Originally Posted by ToughTurkey View Post
    I am now throwing all my support behind Wales, I think it would great for rugby for Wales to win it.
    SA suffered from the ineptitude of the referee his performance was a disgrace and just not acceptable.

Here in Wales the country is rocking but I urge caution because Les Bleus loom large on the horizon. I believe we will win and get to our first final but the boys will need to scrap every inch of the way.

Semi finals tomorrow (Saturday) and Sunday and the Whole of Wales is at fever pitch, win tomorrow and they get to their first ever World Cup Final.

The match in Auckland is half way around the globe but the Welsh Rugby Union is opening their stadium and 60,000 (yes sixty thousand) free tickets have been given to supporters to watch the match on giant screens. So from 7 am tomorrow the Cardiff bars will be packed with expectant Welshmen & Ladies and the city will get an unexpected financial boost.

This is set against the spectre of an ever worsening recession with daily news of job losses.

Such is the power of sporting success and the effect it has on communities, it was once said that after a win by the Liverpool Football club factory production on Merseyside was 15% higher than after their defeats.

Time to set aside all the doom and gloom and get behind the Welsh Dragons for a victory over the French.

Carpe Diem

Wales v Australia final.

Sorry daiarian. But imagine if they had been at full strength!

Is there anyone on earth (besides the french) that are supporting France? Was that a chorus of boos while their captain was being interviewed? And what about the cheers when the Welsh sub-captain took the mike?

Quote Originally Posted by ToughTurkey View Post
    Sorry daiarian. But imagine if they had been at full strength!
    The red card was a disgraceful decision and both Francois Pinnear (South Africa) and Lawrence Dallaglio (England) were incensed by the referee's error. But that is the reality, history will show that France won and we all move on. As important as the result was for our small nation it is only a game after all and Monday morning win, lose or draw we have to get up and go to work.

C'est la Vie

New Zealand 8 France 7

In the end New Zealand triumphed but the French pushed them all the way and for my money that was the best ever final.

Overall a great competition so now back to domestic and European matters with the Heineken due to start in two weeks.

The next RWC is in England 2015 can't wait.

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread