Hi All,

I am about to launch a new affiliate program through Darkblue to help selling my Pet product. I create Music CDs for pets that use a patent pending technology to help them relax while their owners are out of the house among other things.

The CDs are customized for each pet group like dogs, cats, birds, rabbits. I will probably be able to give $4.75 comission per completed sale with a retail price sale of $11.95.

What I would appreciate from all of you is answers to questions like:

-Do you think that this is a good cadidate product for affiliate programs?
    -Do you think the comissions and retail prices are attractive?
    -What other web channels of web distribution could I use?
    -Any other helpful comments

Thanks,

AV
    www.PetMelodies.com

I thought I was the eternal spoiler of pets. I obvious have a ton to learn about how to spoil a pet.

Little did I know that roller balding with my dogs, canoeing with my dogs, when its hot letting them in the house so they can sleep on THERE OWN couches is not an extravagance.

My cat’s get all more attention with there needs by gracing me with there presence. Toys, tuna and mice catching in the barn aren’t enough.

You are promoting a music Item to prevent a pet from being lonely all day -- while their 2 legers are gone?

SHIT: this is on the level of hiring an animal physiatrist.

WHO is going to buy this item?

--------------------------------------------

OK I need to modify my post: your site is simply Beautiful.

The product is on a level, where people on this planet are starving but oh my goodness make sure a pet can hear music. Sorry but unless you have better things to do with your money WHY IN THE HELL WOULD YOU PURCHASE THIS ITEM??

This is the silliest thing I have ever heard of in my lifetime!

ABW Ambassador
    Think you have a good idea and an item that is marketable. Forget what SandraR says. The guy who sold Pet Rocks made a $3 million profit.

You'll make a ton of money if you only sell it to people whose dogs howl or tear up the house when they're gone. You may also want to market it as the perfect gift for a friend who has a pet. You may also want to get some testimonials.

-Do you think that this is a good cadidate product for affiliate programs? Yes
    -Do you think the comissions and retail prices are attractive? Yes
    -What other web channels of web distribution could I use? Can't think of any.

Let me know when you're ready to rock and roll and I'll link to it as long as you don't have parasites.

Bob

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>sell it to people whose dogs howl or tear up the house when they're gone. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They'd buy it. I remember my mother setting up the record player (yes, record player) to play a record over and over in the hopes of minimizing the destruction one of our old dogs did.

It didn't work, but there will be plenty who figure it's worth a shot. After all, taking all the drapes down so there's nothing to rip, and getting Plexiglass so there's no way for the dog to break the windows always strikes people as too extreme...at first...

He didn't always do that kind of destruction, but if there was ANY thunder or fireworks going on when there was nobody around to prevent the damage--LOOK OUT!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> This is the silliest thing I have ever heard of in my lifetime! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>That, alone, is an endorsement. Probably a hot seller.

And, while I agree with your sentiments, this is an excellent way to redistribute the wealth and help people and animals, too. Just take the commissions you earn from people who have a bit too much discretionary money for pets and give it to a charity like this Heifer International which you should like.

This is a Christian based project which my Pagan group supports and contributes money to. Heifer International
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> This is the silliest thing I have ever heard of in my lifetime! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree this is a silly idea!...

however I know several people who leave their TV's on 24/7 to "baby sit" their animals...

hell, my sister-inlaw calls from work and talks to her dogs! ..... she has her aswering machine set to max volume.

like BoB said pet rocks made some guy over 3 million dollars..

who knows.. perhaps you could make 30 million...

for the record the only charity worthy of consideration of donations is the Church of JO...

Just scoop up a truck load of those profits and drop them off at the Church... I will see to it that the poor and needy are cared for, especially poor webmasters...

JOe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Unless you have a pet with separation anxiety you don't know how awful it can feel for them *and* for you, too when you leave the house. I'm home almost all the time but the brief periods when I'm out running errands are horribly stressful for our dog.

We adopted her when she was 1.5 years old and she'd been mistreated, tranquilized, crated, and kept in isolation almost 24 hours a day. Six years later she still is terrified of being left alone. Our Vet said some dogs never get over it.

This is a medical issue and owners of dogs with separation anxiety are interested in ways to make their dog more comfortable (and themselves less guilty). That doesn't make us frivolous and it doesn't make us nuts.

I'll buy it!
    My babies love music (just like their mommy) and I do leave the tv on when we go somewhere!

There's alot of people spoiled their pets just like spoiling their own child. They even pay thousands of dollars for Pshcytrist(sp?) , I would too if I have money and know that my babies are having a problem. lol...
    Nuts??? Only to those that don't do it, just like every other things any living creature do that others don't is crazy! lol...

By the way welcome AV to ABW

I don't mind promoting your products as long as you don't allow parasite, tracking is not infected, no auto cookie stuffing affiliates and pay in timely manner.

Your offer is fair to me and as long as it is good for the pets and you run a clean program I will promote you.

Again Welcome to ABW Community.

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

The rescue dog (a black lab) I'm fostering right now until he can find a permanent home is always within 3 or 4 feet of me. He's perfectly content to nap on the floor near me.

The few times I've left him home alone he runs out the dogdoor, gnaws on the gate, runs back in the house, cries at the door, rushes outside, howls, gnaws and pushes at the gate, runs back in ...

I don't think he'd even notice the music.
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by missdonna:
    The rescue dog (a black lab) I'm fostering right now ....
    The few times I've left him home alone he runs out the dogdoor ...

I don't think he'd even notice the music. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi, first I want to thank every one that has contributed to this post so far as your comments are very helpful and interesting.

Missdonna,

Our music programs are not simply music, but rather a combination of music and other sounds that are targeted to each different pet category based on real research.

If our pet CD's were just plain music, what would motivate people to buy them when they could just put on the radio or any other CD?

Once our affiliate program goes live, we will be more than glad to share different articles and research with our affiliates that should help them generate sells.

Furthermore our CDs make use of our patent pending technology and are aimed to not just pet owners seeking to aid their pets with separation anxiety, but also to be used as a holistic approach to other related pet problems.

Lastly our CDs make the perfect pet gift on their birthday, Christmas, or any other ocassion.

Thanks again,

AV

www.PetMelodies.com

Ohhhhhh how spooky is this... I was thinking about having a CD playing while pet owners went to work! I abandoned the idea when so many people fell about the floor laughing. But on you go&gt;&gt;&gt; I am sure there is a market for this... I assume its not music though? Example for a dog... it would be woofs and for cats it would be meows... or house hold noises like vacuming? Lol... sorry Im laughing now... but I do think it would take off! Good Luck

Hi Everyone,

I finally got my affiliate program up and running with DarkbBlue at www.DarkBlue.com and wanted to see if any one has any suggestions or advice.

I know some of you showed interest in giving it a try once it went live so I would like to hear back once you sign up of any comments, complains, etc.

This is the first time, as I mentioned earlier, that I am launching an Affiliate campaign and it is all new to me so your help will be greatly appreciated.

Once again thanks for your comments and support this far.

Good luck to you all.

AV

www.PetMelodies.com

mrpopular,

Although I didn't check out the program and the way you have it linked out on DB yet, I did look at the site and must say (constructive criticism wise) that there is a lot of fluff and hardly any steak. I see four products, which is ok but if your landing pages for the affiliate program don't automatically add the item to the cart then I seriously think your site's conversaion is going to be poor, to say the least. If I may suggest, I'd rather have the ecom portion set up seperate from the distractionary links on the site and maybe after the sale have them see the rest of the site's "content".

I'd rather have a site with negliable content and only four products that converted than a "content" rich maze that "hid" the products and a lously conversion rate.

I'm just trying to help, so please don't take this the wrong way.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Haiko,

Your comments are very much appreciated, our landing page is at:

http://s91395815.onlinehome.us/product_list.php

Do you think that if we get rid of the left menu on the landing page and enlarge the images would be much better?

Also, about adding the product to the cart automatically we would have to know what pet CD they need, as there are four different ones. We would still need the user to add the product on the cart.

If you had any ideas on how to get around this issue, I would love to hear them.

Thanks again for your help,

Anil

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Haiko:
    mrpopular,

Although I didn't check out the program and the way you have it linked out on DB yet, I did look at the site and must say (constructive criticism wise) that there is a lot of fluff and hardly any steak. I see four products, which is ok but if your landing pages for the affiliate program don't automatically add the item to the cart then I seriously think your site's conversaion is going to be poor, to say the least. If I may suggest, I'd rather have the ecom portion set up seperate from the distractionary links on the site and maybe after the sale have them see the rest of the site's "content".

I'd rather have a site with negliable content and only four products that converted than a "content" rich maze that "hid" the products and a lously conversion rate.

I'm just trying to help, so please don't take this the wrong way. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread