Excuse my ignorance as I am brand new to this site and affiliate programs in general. I read a few posts talking about parasites. What are they?

thanks for replies.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    ParasiteWareâ„¢ - is technology (including, but not restricted to, browser helpers, browser plug-ins, toolbars and pop ups/sliders) that knowingly or unknowingly undermines or removes another affiliate's ability to compete by changing, intercepting or redirecting an affiliate link. Parasitewareâ„¢ may be installed knowingly or unknowingly by the end user, altering their normal web browser functions and/or installing a third party application that works through the user's altered browser.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sal.

It's a software downloaded in users computer and majority of it download without users not knowing they have it on their pc.

What they do is spying on users browsing habit and if the user search on search engine and find your affiliate sites and click on one of the merchant you are promoting the parasites provide a pop up when the users are shopping on that merchants site the she or he clicks from your site and the parasites overwrite your cookie that if the user bought something you don't get the commission the parasite do!

There's other pest out there that consider parasitic behaviour!

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

Nova, don't use your new toy (the laser gun) on me just because I beat you to the post.

Sal.

I'm new too. I'd like to join the discussion and ask if you work with parasite free merchants are you home free or can a parasite still interfere with your commissions?

@Mr Sal,

I wouldn't do that to you.

==============

Hi Julier,

There's a way that they can still interfere with your clean merchants, like popping up a merchant that offers the same products and sometimes they make the user believe that the merchants have special offer so your chance is slim to get commission.

The clean merchants get targeted because they don't allow them to their program.

Decieve is their specialty.
    You can provide a page for your visitors to understand about the parasites and offer them a link that goes to one of the software that remove this kind of application in their pc.

There's more better member here that can explain how these scums take advantages of alot of people, and can explain better in english. lol...

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

You're never 100% home free on affiliate marketing, you have the parasites, the ad-blockers, the site copiers, the few merchants that like to mess with the cookies to save some money, the commission reversals so popular with some merchants, the lost checks if you don't use direct deposit, the merchants that never convert even a sale after 1000's of clicks, the competition, etc.

You can make a lot of money on affiliate marketing but, remember that in order to succeed you must always keep on reading, asking questions, learning and testing.

If you spent some time here reading old post, you will learn a lot, in the few months that I am here, I have learned more than that I have would imagined the day that came here just looking for some info on how to work with a database.

So welcome to ABW and start learning, join SAS and test, test, test, soon the money will roll in, unless you quit before that first check arrive.

It might be a little hard at the beginning but, later you will find out it's not that difficult to make some money with affiliate marketing.

Sal.

Thank you!

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread