Hi,

I am working with a client to set up an affiliate program. They have a high end gourmet product, perfect for the holidays, and have never done any online marketing. We are deciding between Linkshare and Kowabunga. I've worked with Linkshare in the past and am comfortable with the system. I've heard mixed things about Kowabunga from the affiliate perspective to poor client service. Can anyone provide more feedback on setting up a program with them and how successful it was.

thanks much,
    Rachel

Welcome to ABW

Have you considered Shareasale?
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rachel2b1:
    Hi,

I am working with a client to set up an affiliate program. They have a high end gourmet product, perfect for the holidays, and have never done any online marketing. We are deciding between Linkshare and Kowabunga. I've worked with Linkshare in the past and am comfortable with the system. I've heard mixed things about Kowabunga from the affiliate perspective to poor client service. Can anyone provide more feedback on setting up a program with them and how successful it was.

thanks much,
    Rachel <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Rachel,

Welcome to ABW! I've worked with KB for years and in my experience, customer service is top notch. I ran a full fledge cpomputer program with them, doing over 500K a month in sales and never had one complaint. As a consultant, i recomend them to everyoen I can for their ease of use software, their interface and most of all their customer service and willingness to go the extra mile.

I even have the cell phone numbers programmed into my phone for many at the comapny...

Nothing wrong with LS, they have a great product too....

Welcome on board....
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Hi Rachel,

Wanted to share our experiences about KB! I met Rachel (VP of Sales & Marekting) on an Affiliate Manager Forum and right from the start, KB! has been professional and helpful. That was about 2 yrs ago. KB! has since given us a lot of help in starting and maintaining our program. Because of our special needs, they were able to help us do some customized programming. Shortly after, when they launched version 8.0, they also mirrored this customization before upgrading us. There was constant dialogue back and forth with Jeff (CTO). So from a customer service point of view, we have had excellent experiences with KB!.

From an Affiliate point of view, we have had both positive and negative. Negative feedback mostly pointed to navigation of their Admin Areas and since 8.0, negative feedback has decreased dramatically.

Needless to say, it has been 2 yrs and our program with KB! has been a success. If I had to point to a negative about KB!, it would be Opt In Pro. This email management system was originally designed for Affiliate Managers to communicate with Affiliates. Since it was such a big success, they rolled it out to the public and this has sometimes resulted in slow mailouts. But, I know they are working on a new version and I am definitely looking forward to that! For what it's worth, I still use OIP for our program and for my own website email list management.

Contact me if you need further details and good luck!

Thanks for the great feedback! Do either of you have experience using KB's Assistant, Manager or Director client service options?

Thanks again!
    Rachel

Hi Rachel,

I think you are referring to their outsourced management services. If so, we do not have experience using that ... Well at least not yet.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    Rachel, thanks for giving our solution consideration. If you'd like to contact me by email, I'd be happy to send you some folks to contact who can talk with you about our services plans.

One big addition to the KowaBunga! arsenal has been the launch of our Kolimbo Open Affiliate Network. It's growing fast and may be able to give you and/or your TA Recruiter/Manager a good start on recruiting. The best part of it is that Network access costs you nothing in terms of commissions on sales.

Add to that direct linking and freedom from ad blocking concerns that LS and CJ/BeFree and Performics are having and we may be a great choice for you.

I think we can do a nice job with your program, especially given the timing.

Best Regards,

Wade Tonkin
    Software/Services Consultant
    KowaBunga! Technologies
    wade@kowabunga.com

Hey Wade, my biggest apologies!

How did I forget to mention about the awesome support you have perosnally given us. Shame on me! Sorry buddy.

Cheers

Wade absolutely ROCKS....
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

They don't have anyone named Michaelangelo, Leonardo, Rafael or Donatelo working there

KB is cool - btw.

Fred

The next best improvement in affiliate viewpoint
    is consolidated check or Moneybookers paypal neteller....

Just a wish for KB and LS

I actually like that suggestion- I'll pass it on to our tech guys.

More and more people are looking for good "non-check" ways of paying affiliates and supporting more of them would be great.

We also have a lot of flexibility on a per account basis to add support for things like this. If you need something that you don't see supported, just ask.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

We do need to hit the Italian neighboorhoods when the time comes to hire again
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

Does KB offer a Product Showcase Creator?

ABW Ambassador affiliatemakeover's Avatar
    Not at this time Bluewaves. But it's certainly something we value as an concept. So I wouldn't be surprised to see it down the road.
    Jim Kukral
    You will love my book: Attention! This Book Will Make You Money

so affiliates have to create individual product links?

Well, no. If they are using MyAP Enterprise, the merchant can serve you a database. Depends on the customer.
    Jim Kukral

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jim@KowaBunga!:
    Well, no. If they are using MyAP Enterprise, the merchant can serve you a database. Depends on the customer. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jim, correct.

Bluewaves, welcome to ABW. The KB software is very fexible and you can customize it however you wish.

For the record, all my KB merchants have the PSC and special tools we have developed that work in conjunction with KB.

Have an awesome day...

I'm glad I'm right!

Andy rules, by the way.
    Jim Kukral

I have never worked with them but as an affiliate I give a big thumbs up to SAS.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

For Kowabunga

Is there any notification system via email to affiliates
    when a merchant no longer active at KB ?

Or good commission payout on time history indicator voted by affiliates ?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bluewaves:
    so affiliates have to create individual product links? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Wanted to jump in here. Any and Jim are right. We are with KB and we do not have PSC but we do have FPC's so our Affiliate can download these and tweak them to their liking. Also, through KB, we are also able to offer linking to specific pages if this is important to you.

By the way, Wade, Jim and Andy rocks!

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread