CSN to Wayfair data feed transition
    I know the CSN Stores data feed automatically changed over to Wayfair, but how is everyone handling all the smaller, specialized CSN feeds (ie. CSN Cookware.com, CSN Mirrors, etc, etc)?

I've started systematically deleting items from those CSN feeds and replacing them in my shops with products from the Wayfair feed. Is this necessary because it's going to take a lot of time to complete. Am I on the right track and does anyone know when the CSN feeds will disappear?

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

ABW Ambassador
    I was wondering the same thing and Wayfair/CSN certainly hasn't made it clear whether everything will be under one large datafeed now. I hope that it isn't because this simply will not work with some of my on-site PopShops search functions. I'm not changing anything yet but hope they will clear this up soon.

So Eileen, will the sub-store (CSNLuggage, CSNCookware, etc.) datafeeds still fall under the main Wayfair datafeed, like it has in the past?

So far, when doing replacements, I've found almost everything in the Wayfair feed with the same description. Only a few items have not appeared there.

Here's what Michelle at Popshops said:

Thanks for asking. Yes eventually we will be removing all of the CSN micro sites from PopShops. I have touched based with Eileen at Wayfair/CSN and what you are doing is exactly what they would like people to do. I am not sure of the timeline for when the micro sites will be switched over, so you do have some time. I am sorry. I know it is A LOT of work.

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks joyaz for the update. If everything is going to be in one datafeed then I would like to know what the standard commission is then. I know before it always varied depending on the sub-store the sale went through. Currently their terms shows Wayfair.com at 10%.

Affiliate Manager
    Hi joyaz and msladybug,

The ultimate goal is to redirect all of our microsites to wayfair.com. Some microsites may be redirected very soon and others could be live for a few months. We have unfortunately not been able to give you a specific timeline for when each microsite will be redirected because it all depends on the performance of the initial redirects.

However, eventually all microsites will be redirected and therefore on the wayfair.com URL. The microsite feeds will continue to be live until everyone has had a chance to start linking from the wayfair.com datafeed instead. The microsite links themselves will carry over tracking even after the sites themselves are redirected so you will continue to earn commissions during the transition. Each microsite product page will redirect to the correct product page on wayfair.com.

We are currently able to have multiple datafeeds in ShareaSale because they are all technically different stores, with different domains. Once all of our stores are merged into Wayfair, the only two unique domains left will be wayfair.com and allmodern.com (AllModern will stay a distinct brand). That means that there will be two store datafeeds-one for Wayfair and one for AllModern. AllModern will continue to have a commission rate of 8%. Wayfair currently has a commission rate of 10%.

We understand that this is a big change which is why the microsite feeds will continue to stay live in ShareaSale to give everyone plenty of time to start linking from the Wayfair feed instead.

Please continue to get in touch with questions related to the Wayfair transition as they come up. We will update you once we have specific dates for the impending microsite redirects.

Best,
    Eileen
    Eileen Walsh
    Affiliate Manager, Wayfair
    affiliates@wayfair.com

ABW Ambassador
    Eileen - Thanks for the clarification regarding the microsites datafeeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen W. View Post
    Wayfair currently has a commission rate of 10%.
    I have to admit the currently you used in the statement above kind of bothers me. Is Wayfair planning on changing the commission rate later on? I don't want to take the time to change out links now, only to find out a month from now that the commission is cut to 5% or something.

Affiliate Manager
    Hi msladybug,

No problem! I said currently because in our newsletter I announced that 'Wayfair will have a 1 month celebratory launch commission rate of 10% from today until October 1st'. We've never offered such a high commission rate on our main store before, so based on our costs at the end of this month we will have to reassess what the appropriate commission rate will be. Since CSNStores.com was at 6% for years, for consistency we might keep Wayfair at 6% as well. However, we'll update everyone once costs are assessed later this month.

Best,
    Eileen
    Eileen Walsh
    affiliates@wayfair.com

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Eileen for the quick response. Fair enough, I just like to know upfront what I'm dealing with and had forgotten about the celebratory 10% commission rate. I base merchant/product placement on my websites based upon commission rate/conversion so this type of information is really important to me.

Thanks again for answering my questions.

Affiliate Manager
    I completely understand! Anytime
    Eileen Walsh
    affiliates@wayfair.com

Eileen, can you shed any light on what's going on with all the changes in the data feed the last few days?

Yesterday I replaced a bunch of Wayfair products that I had replaced the day before. And just now I see that I have a ton of inactive products again, and most of them are Wayfair, and a lot are the same items I replaced yesterday.

If this is going to be a daily occurrence, count me out. Strange thing is that when I pick out a particular product and search for it as a replacement, I find it with the exact same description, exact same price. I can't figure out why these items are going "inactive."
    Last edited by joyaz; September 30th, 2011 at 02:20 PM.

11. Thanks From:

Besides Buy.com and Overstock, does anyone know of a merchant offering similar products as Wayfair?

ABW Ambassador
    I'll just ditto what joyaz stated, very annoying. It seems like products are dropped at random and then put back into the feed a couple of days later. This has been an issue (just search this forum) before with the CSN/Wayfair large datafeeds but it had gotten better with all the microsite datafeeds. If this is going to be the case with one huge datafeed, it's a major issue.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joyaz View Post
    Besides Buy.com and Overstock, does anyone know of a merchant offering similar products as Wayfair?
    Look at Netshops...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Netshops is now know as Hayneedle and can be found on Pepperjam. They are in Popshops along with many of their micro sites.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

16. Thanks From:

Thank you for the info on Hayneedle. In Popshops I see 2 listed ... Hayneedle on GAN with 160,000+ products and Hayneedle.com on PJ with 73,000+ products.

I'm assuming it's the same. Since I've had much better luck with GAN merchants over PJ, my tendency would be to sign up through Google. Any reason why one would be better than the other?

I really appreciate the tip!

GAN only has about 10-15 of the micro sites listed while Pepperjam has over 75 of the micro sites listed.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Take a good look at Hayneedle before committing to them. I scoured the affiliate universe when CSN dropped CA affiliates, and did a lot of comparisons. Hayneedle consumer prices (at lease in the several niches I compared) are significantly higher than CSN/Wayfair and in my opinion would result in far fewer transactions.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Hayneedle/Netshops always converted better for us than CSN/Wayfair. Unfortunately, Hayneedle dropped all Colorado affiliates.

We used Hayneedle on PJN. After being dropped, the headaches of chasing payment from other PJN merchants wasn't worth promoting any other merchants on PJN - least for us...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Quote Originally Posted by boningroup View Post
    GAN only has about 10-15 of the micro sites listed while Pepperjam has over 75 of the micro sites listed.
    Thanks ... that seems really odd though considering that the GAN feed has more than TWICE the number of products as the PJ feed. (?)

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    CSN was one of my primary and most productive merchants for several years. With their traditional great support, great product selection, great traditional commission structure, great customer service, discount pricing, pervasive free shipping, and being on SAS, they were great to work with and produced well.

But the Popshops problems have been ongoing for YEARS - see this thread and this thread. A year and a half ago I spent a a considerable amount of time with a prior affiliate manager going over all this and was promised a solution, which never happened.

Despite that, after several horrible experiences with substitute merchants since July 1 and the CA tax law, I HAD to go back to CSN/Wayfair - in many, many niches there are no merchants out there that can compare. And I THOUGHT I had several - boy, was I wrong.

We will have to see, however, what of the good and what of the bad continues. As I said before, I see the current changes as major mistakes, and an overall reduction in commission rates as a deal killer going forward, especially for those of us who are on the one-year clock.
    Last edited by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound; October 1st, 2011 at 04:10 PM. Reason: added something
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Thanks, AffiliateHound, for linking to the past issues with CSN. We actually had a very similar issue earlier this year with Target and some other GAN merchants, but that seemed to get resolved.

Could it be something at Popshops triggering all these inactives? That's what I'd like to know.

I thought consolidating all the micro-feeds into one for Wayfair would be better but not so sure now. Hopefully the feed will smoothe itself out.

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread