Outsourced Program Manager
    Central Florida
    Is there a site dedicated to Franchise affiliate programs? Do you all think that it is feasible to sell a Franchise via affiliate marketing?

Thanks for your input. This has nothing to do with EasyClickTravel, a friend of mine has a business that he wants to franchise and I wondered how much AM would help.

Thanks in advance....

Affiliate Manager
    Hi Michael,

You can sign up for Franchise Gator's affiliate program here:

They have banner, HTML banner, email and text link creative you can use.
    Last edited by MichaelColey; December 16th, 2009 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Unlinked

Mansfield, TX
    Wow, this must take the record for bumping an old thread. That question was from over 5 years ago.

And "THEY"? Don't you mean "WE"?

I'm going to leave the response, since it's relevant to the question and may be useful to some, but I've removed the link. If you would like to promote your program further, please look into our advertising options. In the meantime, please make yourself at home and check out the resources ABW has to offer.
    Michael Coley
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Affiliate Manager
    We just launched the program a little while ago.

This thread actually is #2 in Google for "franchise affiliate program"

I'll check out your ad options, thanks.

(1) The FranchiseGator affiliate page (and the "terms" linked from the application page) provide very limited information about the affiliate program: no payout rates, for example, although there is a reference to the fact that the program seeks "leads" (which aren't defined; I assume the affiliate would receive a portion of fees paid by a franchisor to FranchiseGator for valid leads submitted to the franchisor). There is also a $250 minimum-payment threshhold, which is the highest I can recall ever seeing in any affiliate program (and I've reviewed thousands of affiliate programs over the past 13 years).

There are a number of companies who operate "business opportunity" directories that compete with FranchiseGator, including some who have their own affiliate programs that are much more clearly defined, using trusted third-party affiliate networks. (I once did some PPC-campaign consulting work for a very similar company, which did not offer any affiliate program.)

(2) The original question sought to find a site that listed "franchise affiliate programs," which I assume meant affiliate programs where the franchisor would pay web publishers only when a franchise transaction is completed.

I suspect that this arrangement might be illegal in some U.S. states -- just as some contend that it is illegal to set up "affiliate programs" that pay publishers contingent on a transaction for home sales, ion-drug sales covered by insurance or Medicare, attorney services, or complete mortgage or insurance contracts. And even "lead based" programs may run afoul of some states' restrictions (for example, most states impose tight restrictions on the operation of "attorney referral services"). Relevant laws would include franchise regulations, professional licensing and brokerage laws, and "finder's fee" case law.

Promotional activity related to franchise opportunities, as well as the franchise transactions themselves, are highly regulated in many states, and this is probably why we haven't seen any response to this question in the 5 years since it was first posed.
    Last edited by markwelch; December 16th, 2009 at 12:06 PM.

6. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread