I have a question on what affiliates like in the sence of banners - I want to increase affiliates 2 fold next year but I am not sure what type of banners appeal, like for instance does flash go over well or weekly sales banners or general banners.

cheers,

sharon

sharon:

Maybe have a Trusted Merchant logo would help

Sorry, couldn't resist.

We don't use a lot of affiliate banners, so my opinion is skewed ... but banners that have weekly deals would seem nice, since they don't require maintenance. As for flash - file size is key - keep it small, keep it simple. Just one person's opinion, of course.

Now, about that logo ...

ABW Ambassador
    TEXT LINKS RULE

Yeh, I just applied for the trusted merchant. I see alot of flash banners that are big but seem to waste space.

cool thanks.

cheers,

sharon

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by phillyBurbs.com:
    sharon:

Maybe have a Trusted Merchant logo would help

Sorry, couldn't resist.

We don't use a lot of affiliate banners, so my opinion is skewed ... but banners that have weekly deals would seem nice, since they don't require maintenance. As for flash - file size is key - keep it small, keep it simple. Just one person's opinion, of course.

Now, about that logo ... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    You were sort of asking what bannera wanted and also about trusted merchant so maybe you can split this off
    Sort of off topic on banner issue also, but how about fixing the image sizes for a make a page area
    All the different sizes, or some with no images make it difficult to work with.
    Search and replace to adjust some image sizes does a bit but because of the products some look better with a bit more height or width, and takes a bit much for an affiliate to work with at times

I passed on adding a few more of your links the other day because of this

I certainly don't expect merchants to do everything for us, it's just if you are going to offer this tool, I would hope it will work when called upon.
    I was in a hurry and needed to drop a few quick links up which is why I was using the tool at the time.

Like the product mix you have, hopefully this can be addressed and we can get you some more space on our sites

Hi Walleye:

Many thanks for the information, I have been trying different sizes to see what picks up the best, you are right about the smaller images getting picked up alot more.

cheers,

sharon

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by walleye warrior:
    You were sort of asking what bannera wanted and also about trusted merchant so maybe you can split this off
    Sort of off topic on banner issue also, but how about fixing the image sizes for a make a page area
    All the different sizes, or some with no images make it difficult to work with.
    Search and replace to adjust some image sizes does a bit but because of the products some look better with a bit more height or width, and takes a bit much for an affiliate to work with at times

I passed on adding a few more of your links the other day because of this

I certainly don't expect merchants to do everything for us, it's just if you are going to offer this tool, I would hope it will work when called upon.
    I was in a hurry and needed to drop a few quick links up which is why I was using the tool at the time.

Like the product mix you have, hopefully this can be addressed and we can get you some more space on our sites <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread