Any Tips for a New Advertiser?
    Hello everyone! I am a new advertiser with Commission Junction and am operating on a lead based program in the medical industry. Does anyone have any tips to help grow my publisher population? Of the publishers I have accepted into my program, only a small portion of them have actually picked up my creative. I offer professionally designed creative and copy with a large selection of banner sizes and text links. Any tips, strategies, and thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Austin

Hi Austin,

I would recommend creating a product feed if you have not already done so. Also make sure you are competitive in your vertical by creating a publisher account on CJ.

Hope this Helps!

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Lead Gen is an art onto itself. You have to find the lead gen affiliates and give them the tracking they want. Conversion is dependent on the length of the form, the fewer fields the better. Once you find the lead gen'rs they will ask for "host and post", iframe, etc. I recommend looking at Paid Search Ads for specific keyword phrases then trying to contact the affiliates. Do this also for organic listings. Try looking at OfferVault for lead gen offers and consider advertising there.

Quote Originally Posted by Klett View Post
    Hi Austin,

I would recommend creating a product feed if you have not already done so. Also make sure you are competitive in your vertical by creating a publisher account on CJ.

Hope this Helps!
    In regard to creating a product feed, does this apply to advertisers? If so what is the benefit of doing this on a lead based program?

Austin,

I apologize I missed the word "lead" when I originally read you post. Sorry for any confusion!

Of the applications I have accepted, only a small amount of the publishers have actually put my creative on their site. Does anyone have a benchmark, or any type of average as to how many 'accepted' publishers will actually put your creative on their site? As an example, is it something like 60% of accepted publishers will actually take action and push your creative live?

Quote Originally Posted by Klett View Post
    Austin,

I apologize I missed the word "lead" when I originally read you post. Sorry for any confusion!
    No problem, thanks!

Does anyone have a benchmark, or any type of average as to how many 'accepted' publishers will actually put your creative on their site? As an example, is it something like 60% of accepted publishers will actually take action and push your creative live?
    IMHO Ten percent!

a
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    IMHO Ten percent!
    Wow, its really that low? If a publisher does not put our creative on their site after a certain amount of time should I expire them?

You should activate them. Only remove if you are not able to contact them.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks for the great information. Do you know anything about popshop.com and how the operate with Commission Junction? If I uploaded a product feed who has access to getting that data?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    You should activate them. Only remove if you are not able to contact them.
    I agree with chuck. An inactive affiliate today can be an active on tomorrow. Engage the affiliate. Like chuck said, reach out to them via email and ask if they need anything.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread