Hello All -

So glad to find this forum, as I am starting up an affiliate program for my company and want to make sure we do it right!

The biggest selling points and pain points of my program are as follows - and I'm looking for feedback onto whether despite the pain, potential affiliates will still think us a worthwhile partner.

Selling point: high average sales - $1000 - and willing to give 2% commission. Well-known site/brand and sales are growing every month.
    Pain Points: low site conversion (less than 1%) and we can only deliver our products to about 60% of the US population (concentrated on west and east coasts).

Obviously the sales folks at CJ think we'll be successful - but I'd like to hear thoughts from some real people. Thanks in advance!

ABW Ambassador
    "Obviously the sales folks at CJ think we'll be successful"

Not to disparage CJ, but it's their (sales reps) job to throw a pitch at the stage you are at with them.

The figures you mention may be reasonable depending up upon what it is that you offer, how much demand there is, how much competition there is, etc.

It would be hard to give feedback without knowing just what it is that you sell.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by betsy1970:
    Selling point: high average sales - $1000 - and willing to give 2% commission.

Pain Points: low site conversion (less than 1%) and we can only deliver our products to about 60% of the US population (concentrated on west and east coasts). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So we would earn an average of $20 per sale, and get less than 1 sale per 100 visitors. So for 1,000 visitors, we would be lucky if we get $200 in commission.

It would depend on what you sell, but you would have to give affiliates a good reason why they should promote you.

With a conversion rate of less than 1 in 100, you really need to make some improvements.

2% commission is very low. I find it hard to work with merchants that pay 5%. 2% just isn't worth it.

I agree with julian... 2% isn't much unless you're talking $10,000 dollor sales...

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread