Question Updating keywords after removing content from Google
    As you've read in my other threads, I've removed a whole bunch of content, that's duplicated from elsewhere. That's all fine.

However G Webmaster tools still lists loads of keywords that are skewed by all the duplicate content I had. When I click on the top dozen keywords, they're all from pages that are now blocked from Google robots.

Is there anyway I remedy this, force an update, so decent keywords from my unique/quality pages can get a look in?

I've notified G of updated sitemaps etc. and the site has been crawled since removal (lots of blocked by robots crawl errors, as expected).

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    the Google will slowly filter those out as accurate stats become available...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

It would be difficult to know for sure when Google would update your page information. Google would need to recrawl the page to see the updated content then update their index before you'll see the changes. Some say this could take more than 4 weeks. If you make your page more popular by building backlinks to it, then the search engines will crawl it faster.
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

Save that website from total limbo, you can do some revisions on link structure, title tags, meta description, site design, image titles etc.

Just a quick update. Things have settled down now, google organic traffic has been steady and slowly increasing again. Still adding more unique content, much of which is targeting specific variations of my keywords. Google has found many of my back links I've been adding and I now seem to have hit the top spot for my main key phrase. Forum and Facebook promotion has been beneficial, others are starting to take note and write about/link to the site. All good.

One thing though: I'm still far down for very slight variations of my keyword phrases I'm targeting. My site is essentially Hi-Fi related, with my key phrase using 'hifi' I'm in the top spot, but varying it to 'Hi-Fi' or 'Hi Fi', puts me low down. Throughout my site, and any blurb I write I try to use these fairly interchangeable to catch them all. Could it just be those other variations being high competition? Any tips?

Smile
    Please check your meta tags and h1-h2 tags....Add your keyword in them once...

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread