Exclamation Program Agreement for the Oya Costumes ShareASale
    This is an automated notification regarding the program agreement for the Oya Costumes ShareASale Affiliate Program.

New Agreement Effective Date: September 21, 2011

Merchant provided summary of changes:
    We do not approve coupon affiliates anymore; rather we are looking for bloggers, content sites or shopping mall sites. We encourage affiliate to promote the coupon and promotion we list. However affiliates who advertise wrong or misleading promotions unfortunately will be removed from the program and their commission will be adjusted.

Complete New Agreement:
    For approval, we like to see an operational site. If your site is under construction, please wait till it is done before applying. We do not want Adult Sites. We do not approve coupon affiliates anymore; rather we are looking for bloggers, content sites or shopping mall sites. We encourage affiliate to promote the coupon and promotion we list. However affiliates who advertise wrong or misleading promotions unfortunately will be removed from the program and their commission will be adjusted. We do not want affiliates to bid on terms which includes our name such as: Oyacostumes; Oya Costumes; Oya Costumes Coupon; Oya Costumes Deals etc... Unfortunately we will adjust affiliate commission to zero and remove them from our program if they are bidding on terms that our name or any combination.
    Looks they they are looking for a way to void all the sales after Halloween. What do you think about this??? So if you list a coupon on your site that they provide they CAN void all of your sales because you have coupons listed on your site???
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

I wouldn't use them on any of my sites and if I had them on one of my sites I would remove them.

They are not the only costume merchant we have available to use on our sites.

There are 8 costume merchants just on CJ - not counting any other network.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

So they've had some issues with rogue affiliates who mislead customers, and they've changed their acceptance policy and their PPC terms a bit. What is the problem?
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Quote Originally Posted by davidh View Post
    So they've had some issues with rogue affiliates who mislead customers, and they've changed their acceptance policy and their PPC terms a bit. What is the problem?
    Read the policy David, They say they will void all commissions from Coupon sites. How they define coupon sites is their call not ours. Then further down they tell you to use coupons that they provide. So based on their policy they can void all of your commissions if you use the coupon they provide. I not saying that they will I saying that they can.

The way I read this is that they are looking for a way to void halloween commisions after Oct 31st. I am no longer promoting them but I wanted to give a heads up to other affiliates so they can make their own call.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

I did read it. It says they "do not accept" applications from coupon affiliates any more.

It says that they ENCOURAGE affiliates to promoted the coupons they provide.

But "affiliates who advertise wrong or misleading promotions" may be removed from the program and have their commissions clawed back.

They are making a policy change to protect themselves from having to pay commissions to unscrupulous affiliates. This type of policy - removing bad players from the program - will also help to protect honest affiliates' cookies from being overwritten.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates

superCool is with davidh on this. It doesn't look sneaky, but maybe poorly worded and open to interpretation. They should explain it better but it doesn't look like anything to worry about. just superCool's opinion....

Have you had problems with them in the past?

I stopped promoting them a few year back when they went offline all of the time. I did start promoting them again this year but have since dropped them again. No I never had any problems with them but never really got a warm feeling about them either.

I just posted this to get other points of views on their new terms.

That's all sorry I posted.........

Quote Originally Posted by kse View Post
    I stopped promoting them a few year back when they went offline all of the time. I did start promoting them again this year but have since dropped them again. No I never had any problems with them but never really got a warm feeling about them either.

I just posted this to get other points of views on their new terms.

That's all sorry I posted.........
    You shouldn't be sorry that you posted regardless of how others take the information. You are a trusted member with a concern that you felt should be shared with the rest of the community. Thank you.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

9. Thanks From:

yes, it's very interesting to see what other people are concerned about and how others respond

please continue

Thanks for bringing Oya to my attention. Costumes is big for me and they're one of the few merchants that I haven't gotten around to adding links for.

Of two other costumes merchants I promote through Shareasale, one has a "no returns" policy, yet their reversal rate has always been out of this world. And their EPC is often less than $1.

The other one has great selection and the best prices on a lot of things, BUT a very high percentage of their offerings are in "pre-order" status; not in stock. Most customers are going to keep on looking and wind up paying Buycostumes the $2 or $3 difference for the security of knowing that their stuff is going to be in transit within 24 to 48 hours.

Oya Costumes' EPC is incredibly high for a costumes merchant. And with their current reversal rate of 0%, well.... thanks again for bringing them to my attention

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread