Hello, I tracked down 3 possible companies for a new affiliate program for my new product - Shareasale,clicksgalore and clickxchange. Then I found this forum. I love and appreciate forums!!
    My site has only been up a month so I use google adwords and I have been having a pretty good rate of return. For every twenty clicks or so I get one sale.
    After searching here it seems like most people recommend shareasale. But one guy said to wait until I get 1000 visitors a month before setting up a program. It could take a year to do that. I thought that getting affiliates would do that for me.
    Be grateful for any advice.

far far away....
    both are true...

YOu should wait till your website is established... only you will know when that has happened...

an affiliate program will bring additional sales to you, buy you are giving up a big part of the profit in exchange for those sales...

dont count on your affiliates to bring you huge sales... less then 20% off all affilaites do anything and less then 10% will bring enough sales to make your affilaite program worth the effort.

that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> one guy said to wait until I get 1000 visitors a month <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anybody who bandies a figure of "1,000 visitors a month" as if it is something substantial, is NOT WORTH LISTENING TO. 1,000 visitors a day isn't squat.

And current traffic levels have nothing whatsoever to do with whether you should start an affiliate program or not.

Here's another vote for Shareasale. The setup cost is less than that of a one-week classified ad in a city newspaper. A true bargain in a world where nothing comes cheap any more.

Would it be worth your while? Just ONE productive affiliate can send you more than 1,000 visitors a day. Figure that into the equation.

ABW Ambassador
    Forgot to add...

ClixGaspingforbreath and ClickForSpareChange both SUCK.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread