I am in the process of setting up an affiliate program and i found these softwares:

my affiliate program

directtrack

myreferer

need advice and suggestions

Thanks

UtOpiA StiLL uNBorN

ABW Ambassador
    That will depend, in part, upon what programming language your shopping cart runs on.

We are currently consulting with a client who has two separate and distinct large product lines running on two shopping carts written in Cold Fusion.

We like to "plug & play"

our shopping cart programming language is asp? (ablecommerce)

UtOpiA StiLL uNBorN

I spent the summer researching various software firms for our in-house program and after putting together my short list, decided on My Affiliate Program (Kowabunga) - this was largely decided on the support that we received from them (especially pre sale)! I was quite surprised that many of the other companies didn't even bother replying to my initial e-mail/questions!

It took a bit of adjustment and work to get the program integrated into our website/solution but since doing so the program is working really well and all our affiliates who have signed up seem very pleased too (and most importantly are earning some cash through it)!

Check out our reseller program at http://www.depositit.com/reseller.shtml and see what you think.

I'm not sure how MYAP works with shopping carts etc but can guarantee that you will receive detailed responses and as much support and assistance as you require to help get you set up. In this instance, I think you get what you pay for...

Good luck

Anthony

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by emphimy:
    our shopping cart programming language is asp? (ablecommerce)

UtOpiA StiLL uNBorN<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's not correct. You can use ANY programming language. i.e. MyReferer.com supports almost anything. Not sure for the others but I guess so

I can see this thread is very old. I am about to start up a few programs myself. We have 8 webpages marketing different product groups, all bulk production of consumer products (we sell to retailers and wholesalers only). I need an affordable In-house solution to try this out with one of our pages. Any suggestions for a newbee like me?

Nick

Hi and Welcome to ABW Nick!

What platform *Nix or ASP?
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

We are on a UNIX server and can enable many different programming languages. We are using PHP and MySql today. Nick

Groundbreak - reliable and only $200.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Haiko,

Is there any particular reason you like groundbreak over the others? What are the downsides to it?

Thanks for your help,
    Ron

I just caught this thread and would love to know the answer from Haiko too. I too want to know what affiliate tracking software a merchant should consider for an in-house program!

Ron

ABW Ambassador
    As an affiliate i like MYAP the best. I try out a lot of indy programs doing their own thing and haven't had any problems. Also from a convenience standpoint. Since i have a lot of indys, i have to login a lot of different places to check stats. With MYAP, thru Kolimbo, i can login one place to get a nice overview of how all my MYAP merchants are doing, great timesaver.

Although I don't mean to ressurect an old thread - I have a client who wants to launch his own affiliate program for fine art giclees and posters. After a few years being an affiliate, now I'm in the position of having to recommend and set up some affiliate software (I may even become his affiliate manager - will let you know on that one)

He really likes myReferer from what he's seen on thir site, but I have never worked with them - anyone have any specific information about this software? I'd like to be able to take some first hand information back to my client if possible. Thanks!

I do not personally like Nettraction from an affiliate standpoint because their recruiting methods are overly aggressive and spammy. I've asked to be removed from every program and list 3 times now and still get emails. As for how their system works, I have not used nor looked into it to provide an opinion.

On the business end of things, MYAP and DirectTrack are good for programs who need more than just affiliate tracking. Alot of their latest statistics and features really graze into those you'd find in ad/campaign tracking applications.

For inexpensive independant softwares, groundbreak, myrefer and idev affiliate are good, affordable choices as is our solution, affiliatetracking.com.

Outsourced Program Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by mandyhaga
    I do not personally like Nettraction from an affiliate standpoint because their recruiting methods are overly aggressive and spammy. I've asked to be removed from every program and list 3 times now and still get emails. As for how their system works, I have not used nor looked into it to provide an opinion.

On the business end of things, MYAP and DirectTrack are good for programs who need more than just affiliate tracking. Alot of their latest statistics and features really graze into those you'd find in ad/campaign tracking applications.

For inexpensive independant softwares, groundbreak, myrefer and idev affiliate are good, affordable choices as is our solution, affiliatetracking.com.
    Mandy Haga -

Does the user "affiliatetracking" work for you?

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=12305
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=3288
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=11741
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=11713

- Eder

I have a merchant who uses TrackingSoft (AffiliateTracking.com), and it work well. It seems to be a bit basic, but it does have one advanced feature that many of the others don't: Member ID tracking (like CJ's "SID", BeFree's "bfinfo", Linkshare's "u1", and Performics' "mid"). Many power affiliates use Member ID tracking to track the effectiveness of various traffic sources, keywords, or links.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Hi Eder,

No, "affiliatetracking" does not work for us. We are a 5 person office of professionals who've been working in this industry for 4 to 7 years (I'm the "baby" with 4 years in. ). Thus, we've no need to pose as a newbie affiliate to garner business. Thanks for asking and feel free to ask any additional questions you may have.

Thanks, Michael, for the good word. The software is a basic affiliate tracking application so the new or experienced can get started quickly and easily.

Exclamation
    Hi!
    I would never compare groundbreak, idev etc. with myreferer.com. I could tell you more in a private message
    I kindly suggest that you try it. We offer a free 10-day trial (free, no credit cards). It's the best way you have to evaluate the service. Then please test other systems. You will see the difference yourself.
    All the best!

mAX
    MyReferer

We decided to use affiliatewiz.com ... so far we are happy with it and my programmer has the ability to do a lot of customization work with it.

When starting our affiliate program we evaluated a number of options before deciding to go with MyAP. It has great features, is easy to use, our affiliates seem to like it, and the support has been excellent. So far, I am pleased with our decision.

Dave

I'm far more impressed with the newer versions of MyAP, especially with the new Kolimbo network. It's much easier to find merchants now. The reporting has been expanded. The selection of merchants has improved.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

DO NOT USE DIRECTTRACK for a product oriented CPA program. Do a search on this forum and see the usage problems from both merchant and affiliate perspectives. I don't think I've ever gotten so close to hating a tracking solution before.

I've recently had a go around with Ben about emails recruiting for merchants that don't specify that they are from Kolimbo (though the email is obviously my Kolimbo login email), and appear to be directly from the merchant (who has no business with my email) and an opt out link from optinpro. I wasn't happy, and received the email no less than three times. It has definitely affected my affection for Kolimbo/MYAP.

Anything with a tracking option like the SID/bfinfo tag is a plus in my book.

JMO.

"Best" depends on your needs
    There is no "best" solution. It depends on your affiliate strategy, what features you want to have as a merchant, what features your affiliates will need, tracking technology, cost, support, and other criteria relevant to your situation.

There are several types of solutions such as:
    - hosted services
    - standalone installed scripts and s/w packages
    - networks
    - shopping carts with affiliate modules or features

The vendors have done a commendable job at meeting the needs of the merchants, resulting in a healthy marketplace with lots of choice for you.

Figure out your strategy, objectives, and then define what sort of platform+features you will need. Then shop around and compare. Spend a bit more time up front so you don't have to swap out the whole platform 1 year later and send that dreaded broadcast to thousands of happy affiliates telling them to change their links

Regards,
    Peter

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread