Question Merchant reverse sale and says they have no record of sale
    We have a shoe site so we are use to having reversal mainly on returned shoes. Whenever there is another reason, I always ask why.

We had a sale reversed by Footwear etc.

Transaction Comment:
    VOIDED other Sale - 513746

We have been in communications with them and they indicate that this was not there sale and they have no record of it. I provided them the copy of the posting on Shareasale but still received this response:

"Hello Danny,

This order does not match any order number provided for FootwearEtc. Their order numbers are typically much longer with a combination of numbers and letters, which is not what your number is. We are not able to give you a reason why its not a valid sale, because there is nothing we can do to view information behind that Order #. It was not found and therefore, not valid.

Thank you,

AffiliateTraction Team"

How is that so? How is it posted to my account as a sale from Footwear Etc by Shareasale but Footwear etc claims it was not their sale?
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

Good question.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

A tracking pixel had to have been fired at some point in order for a commission to get credited to you through Shareasale in the first place.

If they're referring to the "513746".... that number identifies the Shareasale transaction; it's not the merchant's "invoice number" for the sale in question.

People at Affiliate Traction should know better, but maybe now the company has grown to the point where they have green employees who are thrown into the thick of things without proper training.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    That number doesn't come from ShareASale... that number is reported by the Merchant at the time of the sale. It is somewhat common for them to use an alternate number as opposed to the actual order number, but regardless... they should be able to find the sale as it was reported to us. All of the order numbers follow the same convention... i.e. 6 digits
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

This is the latest response "Yes, you are right, FootwearEtc can see their transactions through ShareASale, and did not find it. Those were their words. Your order # is not valid, because the number was not found in the network."
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

I gave up on trying to get an explanation out of the merchant and submitted a support ticket to Shareasale on the 15th. Got a quick response from Bethany Minor that she was going to look into it but no response from her as of yet.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

Believe it or not this is still ongoing. Shareasale sends me an email once a week telling me that they are waiting for the merchant to respond. If Shareasale can't get cooperation from the merchant, I guess we will never get a response on this.

I can't believe what some merchants will do to avoid paying commissions. I have seen more and more post here on ABW about merchants reversing commissions.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread