Website Analytics
    Hey guys,

I was looking for some recommendations on web analytics programs. Something a little easier to understand and work with then Google Analytics. Any suggestions?

Bob

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

I am a huge fan of Clicky. Just google it - it should come right up.

I love how simple this is, but also very powerful. I get all kinds of great information about my visitors, where they entered and exited the site, etc. I love being able to see everywhere a visitor clicked on my site, and I really like the way you can see the searches and link over to that same search on google, bing, etc.

There's tons of information, but it isn't overpowering or confusing. There are also some great tools for tracking downloads and clicks, with very simple implementation if the defaults don't work.

You can use standalone, and there's a wordpress plugin if you prefer. I have all my sites using it, highly recommended.

4. Thanks From:

I've been using hitslink.com for years, and I am very happy with it.

I live and breathe Statcounter - live stats, simple reports..

StatCounter Free invisible Web tracker, Hit counter and Web stats

Just curious...

What don't you like about Google Analytics?

I removed Google Analytics for a couple of reasons:

1) I didn't want Google to have access to my complete (confidential) web stats, when they also control my placement in the SERPs... and they own a competing affiliate site.

2) From time to time, it caused a slowdown on my site (the code inserted for tracking).

Very happy with my Statcounter subscription....

9. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by teezone View Post
    I removed Google Analytics for a couple of reasons:

1) I didn't want Big-G to have access to my complete (confidential) web stats, when they also control my placement in the SERPs... and they own a competing affiliate site.
    I must admit that this is one reason why I also exclude Big-G from a lot of my information. I would definitely no longer use their Analytics features to track conversions or anything related to dollars.

Back when Google was merely a search engine, I used Big-G Analytics for everything.

But everyone should notice that Big-G is basically jumping into any business area where they notice that there might be money to be made, and with massive amounts of money and massive data-centers they can kill any smaller competing business. First they took over data feeds and products comparisons (which is one area they are now getting sued), then they joined the "deals" area (a new Groupon style functionality).

There is a reason they are being sued by multiple large site owners, with both Big_G and the suing big-boy company CEO's testifying in front of a Congressional panel just a short while ago.

By providing them with collective stats on a specific business area (such as in our case affiliate marketing), we are basically for free and voluntarily providing them with extreme amounts of segment information, and telling them directly where to spend a small slice of their billions. There is a reason their Analytics is "free".

When I get a little more time, I plan to switch back to Piwik, so I can own the software and control my own stats data, instead of helping Big-G attain world dominance. It is bad enough that they basically control my SERPs, how and IF web-users find me, and have the power to randomly upgrade/downgrade any site without even having to give a reason (which literally happens over-night). Since they make their living in a way by basically "lifting" other people's copyrighted content for their own search site (with our acceptance). Something the rest of us would get punished for doing immediately.

That's one hell of a first post.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    That's one hell of a first post.
    Actually not my first post.

My actual first post (strangely enough in this same forum) is stuck in the moderator queue. Not sure why.. It was a long response on a technical topic, but had no links, no site mentions, nothing I would assume might get caught. I assumed it was a standard "everything goes to the moderator", but then this current post went through immediately without moderation..
    Obviously still need to figure out the individual forum rules.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    DeeCee, didn't see that post moderated and just approved it: http://www.abestweb.com/forums/1101189-post26.html

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    DeeCee, didn't see that post moderated and just approved it: http://www.abestweb.com/forums/1101189-post26.html
    Thanks!!

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread