How do I rectify my reputation with ShareaSale?
    Apparently my reputation at ShareaSale has been besmirched by MadHatter Consulting, Inc. and as a longstanding member of ABESTWEB in good standing, I would like to ask someone from ShareaSale how can I rectify my reputation with ShareaSale as I feel I have been wrongly accused.

I received this email this evening from MadHatter Consulting, Inc.:
    Thank you for applying or being a part of the b-glowing.com Affiliate Program. Unfortunately you have been declined for one of the following reasons.

1. b-glowing does not allow coupon/deal/bargain/banner sites to be a part of our affiliate program. 2. You have violated the terms and conditions of the b-glowing.com affiliate program.

If you have declined for a violation of the terms and conditions of our program, feedback has been left within ShareASale, and where appropriate, the violation was reported to ShareASale.If you feel this decision is not accurate, please feel free to email b-glowing@madhatterconsulting.com with your ShareASale Affiliate ID, and the reason you feel you have been wrongly removed.

I would like to wish you the best in your future endeavors.

My Best,

b-glowing Affiliate Management Team
    I do not create or maintain coupon/deal/bargain/banner sites.
    I enjoy writing content.

I have not violated any terms or conditions with a Madhatter Consulting Inc. merchant or with any other merchant on ShareaSale. All my sites are created with simple HTML. I do not know how to run data through MSQL. I do not understand PHP. I cut & paste the product codes made available to me [and to other affiliates] into the web pages of my site[s].

When I apply to a Shareasale affiliate merchant program I list my sites and I say:
    I basically concentrate in promoting items of fashion & style: clothing, cosmetics, costumes, jewelry,
    accent pieces, furniture, and some toys.
    I intend to complement my static html sites with blogs.
    I do not engage in Adwords or the bidding of any kind.
    My sites are product promotional; I seek organic placement in search engines.
    I hope to promote your products. Thank you.
    I do not engage in PPC because I do not have the budget for such advertising. I rely on organic online content methods.

I offer some coupons when appropriate but none of my sites could be labeled coupon or bargain or deal specific.
    If any purported violation that I may or may not have caused has been embedded into my ShareaSale track record, I ask an admin from Shareasale to please inform me of the accusations against me.

If anything my sites need to be developed more. In fact I have been studying Responsive/HTML5 layouts and I intend to totally replace everything I have now with Responsive HTML pages.

Deny my entry into a program because my sites need to be developed/fleshed out or because I have neglected some potions of my sites in favor of other portions but please don't accuse me of having a banner site and please don't accuse me of violations.
    My sites are as goody-goody as they come
    I do not use defamatory language.

Thank you. I enjoy being a ShareaSale affiliate and I hope to improve and to become an even better affiliate.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    Rhia7 - I'm a little unclear, were you applying to their program and was declined or already a part of the program and was removed? Did they leave negative feedback through SAS and state what it was you allegedly did?

Quote Originally Posted by msladybug View Post
    Rhia7 - I'm a little unclear, were you applying to their program and was declined or already a part of the program and was removed? Did they leave negative feedback through SAS and state what it was you allegedly did?
    On September 8th I received an email saying that my application was in the process of being reviewed.
    Tonight I received a decline.

I never actually copied any affiliate link from the particular program in question.

I do not consider any of my sites to be banner sites, thus if the problem is not #1 then the problem would have to be found in reason #2 and that might have prompted me to jump to conclusions.
    I wondered how could I violate a terms of service if I had not done anything yet?
    Last edited by Rhia7; September 16th, 2011 at 11:42 PM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

superCool received something similar, but it was even more dire sounding. Contacted the merchant and it turned out that superCool had a site that was doing something that was not allowed in the program (an expired coupon for a different merchant was showing on the homepage). This merchant has strict rules about removing expired coupons immediately. The merchant said we could work together if superCool agreed to remove the merchant's coupons when expired.

These are probably form emails but they make affiliates nervous about what they've done wrong. You should contact the merchant and find out what's up.

Good luck

Thanks for your input superCool
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I am surprised that Kristin Kinsey who has been part of this forum for a long time would condone this heavy handed behavior. I am thinking that there must have been some program review that go out of hand.

7. Thanks From:

If you have declined for a violation of the terms and conditions of our program, feedback has been left within ShareASale
    It's impossible to 'violate the terms' of a program you haven't been accepted to.. and even if there was reason to decline an application, why would feedback be left anywhere??

Terrible wording, hope it gets sorted!

Wow, okay. Happy Saturday morning to me, lol. (still waiting for my contacts to slide into place).

A couple points:

1. MadHatter has not been managing the b-glowing program for some time. Unfortunately I cannot tell you why you were declined/remove. You will want to reach out to the merchant via the contact link in ShareASale to ask them.

2. The decline emails are a generic auto responder in ShareASale. Everyone gets the same email whether they applied and were denied or have been kicked out. This is why multiethnic reasons are listed in a decline email because it can't be 100% right for every situation. If we are declining someone (other than trademark bidding) we also email the affiliate to explain why.

10. Thanks From:

Okay so forgive my multiple posting. Doing this from my phone/bed. I got stuck in the middle of my post and couldn't scroll to the end.

Did you look in your account to see if any negative feedback was actually posted? I doubt anything was. I would assume this is a case where they did not update the decline email, are manually approving, and for whatever reason they didn't feel like you fit the bill.

I apologized that this happened and hope that you are able to reach the merchant to resolve this,

The decline emails are a generic auto responder in ShareASale. Everyone gets the same email whether they applied and were denied or have been kicked out.
    And I thought my boys were lazy...

13. Thanks From:

Most networks have generic decline emails that are sent out. The difference is that ShareASale let's you right it. If we didn't put anything in there then the affiliate would get a blank email with the subject line saying DECLINED with not even a hint as to the possible reason.

Please also note that the email says IF you were declined for a violation... It does not definitively say you were declined for this reason.

Please keep in mind that we are not the ones working with these apps and while this decline email fit our needs while we were managing the program, I have no idea what standards they are using to approve or decline apps now.
    KK

Thank you, Kristin, for posting on this issue.

The wording of the email I received is confusing and since I do not consider myself to be a "banner website webmaster" the other element of focus was the violation of terms which I found disconcerting.

I just want my "slate" to be clear with ShareaSale so that I can be considered for other merchant programs without negative feedback stacked against me.

I'm not sure where an affiliate would look in the ShareaSale login/affiliate area for feedback. In fact I find the new look of ShareaSale confusing as an affiliate; I was used to the "old" login/affiliate area.
    Last edited by Rhia7; September 17th, 2011 at 11:49 AM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I just logged into Shareasale and went to Account ==> View/Manage Feedback and nothing is there.

I also looked at View/Manage PPC violations and that is blank.

So I guess I have a clean slate with Shareasale unless there is another area of the affiliate login platform that requires attention.

The site I was going to use for the above mentioned program needs work but it is obviously not a banner site.

If I were a merchant I would send out a generic copy to affiliates applying to my program that the affiliate's site is under developed and can not be accepted at this time but with some development the affiliate is welcome to apply again.

Referring to my site[s] as banner sites without potential and within the same paragraph speaking of violations and negative feedback is insulting.
    I understand the need for generic acceptance/rejection emails but those emails could be improved.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by Kristin Kinsey View Post
    I apologized that this happened and hope that you are able to reach the merchant to resolve this,
    Who am I supposed to contact when the only contact detail given to me as an affiliate is this?
    If you feel this decision is not accurate, please feel free to email b-glowing@madhatterconsulting.com with your ShareASale Affiliate ID, and the reason you feel you have been wrongly removed.

I would like to wish you the best in your future endeavors.

My Best,

b-glowing Affiliate Management Team
    If madhatterconsulting.com does not handle this program, who handles the program?

Who is the recipient at this address: email b-glowing@madhatterconsulting.com?
    Last edited by Rhia7; September 17th, 2011 at 12:24 PM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I didn't know that a question about contact information would be a trick question.
    I have a legitimate question: who runs the program and who do I contact?

If madhatterconsulting.com does not handle this program, who handles the program?

Who is the recipient at this address: email b-glowing@madhatterconsulting.com?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

It's not a trick question. After b-glowing stopped working with my company they did not update the contact information in the decline email. I recommend using the contact merchant link in ShareASale because that will email the primary email in the account which would ve whomever is responsible for managing the program. The decline email itself should come from that primary email as well which would not have been the MadHatter address.

Rhia, I understand your frustration but I am not the one who declined you nor am I trying to give you the runaround. It's difficult to give information I simply don't have. I am doing my best to point you in the right direction.
    KK

20. Thanks From:

Thank you, Kristin, for your attention to this issue and thank you for your advice.

It is possible that the subsequent company/affiliate manager[s] did not update the original information in the declining email as you said above.

I will try to find the contact information within ShareaSale.

Thanks once again for your time and advice.

I think that the subsequent affiliate program manager/managing company should change the contact details because the only contact details I saw were:
    If you have declined for a violation of the terms and conditions of our program, feedback has been left within ShareASale, and where appropriate, the violation was reported to ShareASale.If you feel this decision is not accurate, please feel free to email b-glowing@madhatterconsulting.com with your ShareASale Affiliate ID, and the reason you feel you have been wrongly removed.
    Does b-glowing@madhatterconsulting.com go to a null file? The current affiliate managing company should update the contact email at the very least.
    Last edited by Rhia7; September 17th, 2011 at 04:43 PM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I checked the account in SAS and don't see any other contact info. Recommend contacting the merchant directly and raising some hell: Concierge | B-Glowing

Chuck, thank you very much for that contact information!
    I will send an email to that listing.

Kristin, thank you once again for your prompt attention to this issue.
    Please accept my apology for bringing you into this conflict but as you can see the email connected to your program was the only one given to me in the declining email so I was confused.

Kristin, thank you for your advice and Chuck, thank you so much for finding those contact details.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Kristin, I sent an email to B-Glowing with a cc copy to you.

I usually write email from my IP address which is connected to Thunderbird or from my Gmail address. This email was from the domain email and I had to enlarge the font a bit just to read it. I ccd a copy to my gmail and the font looks a bit big so apologies on the format.

I'd like to thank you, Kristin, for your attention to this issue and for your advice.

I asked B-Glowing to reconsider me as an affiliate.
    I wrote the email on the domain email where I plan to concentrate their products.
    I also pointed out that B-Glowing should include their correct and current email address with all affiliate correspondence.
    I told them of my concern from the confusing message and gave them a link to this thread.
    Last edited by Rhia7; September 17th, 2011 at 07:37 PM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Your welcome Rhia. Feel free to reach out anytime and best of luck on getting this resolved. :-)
    KK

26. Thanks From:

I'd like to thank Chuck and Kristin once again.
    I was able to get in touch with the merchant and was approved to put the products on one of my domains.

Thanks once again for the help
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

28. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread