ABW Ambassador
    Maybe I will Try a Video or 2...
    But my first try at this was not so good.. I Grabbed some code for the sun & ski program, but all their videos were DEAD - welcome to affiliate marketing

then I go back to the SAS video links,I then select the option to only show merchants I'm signed up with, well guess what that is also down as nothing shows up when I press the submit button even though I seen merchants i was with ?? ....

I then find a merchant who has working videos, it's a beer making merchants but the problem is I don't really have any beer websites.

so next I just decide to join as many merchants as I can that have videos, i mainly select the auto approve ones as I know how slow is can be to get the affiliate managers to do their job...

Now I have a bunch of merchants that offer videos, now I try to find some that can match my website subjects.... wish me luck
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Good luck.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

ABW Ambassador
    thanks...

i now just tried Quality Merchandise Brokers, Inc. but all their videos are also not working plus they have no details about what their videos are about!! Geezz

next I try Emitations, they have descriptive video titles, a good sign.... I try a video and it seems to work - Hooray! Lucky I have a jewelry site so I will now try that ....

the video was able to be easily inserted into a wordpress post. The video itself was nothing fancy, just an add with no talking. I was trying to work out how the visitor would be able to click though to the merchants site, then I was able to click the video once it started (not before as that will just start the video), the only issue I have is that there is a bunch of social network links pop up at the end so the visitor can no longer click through to the merchants site but can only social bookmark!?

I will be keen to try more of this and see how it goes, I would prefer to make my own videos but since that is not possible then this could be a good alternative but I know a lot of the work will be weeding out the merchants that have active affiliate managers that care for their programs....
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Kudos, glinted, in your quest for videos in order to offer something new.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7 View Post
    Kudos, glinted, in your quest for videos in order to offer something new.
    thanks Rhia, yes you have to keep trying new things and making opportunities.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi Glinted

Might not be a match for your sites (and not auto approve, but pretty close) but we have a few (18) videos up for Exotissimo Travel (MID 22113) running with a lead gen based offer

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

ABW Ambassador
    that sounds good chris, I will check them out soon as I have a couple of travel websites....

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glinted View Post
    that sounds good chris, I will check them out soon as I have a couple of travel websites....
    Glinted,

Check this out, it may go well with one of your websites http://www.abestweb.com/forums/andy-...me-149007.html just added a sample video, we have more within SAS

Good luck ...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

ABW Ambassador
    Sure Andy, I will get back to working on videos next week and will check out this.

Some of the subjects I could work with for a number of sites off the top of my head are:

Audio production
    Skateboarding
    Jewelry
    Cell Phones
    Laptops
    Luxury goods
    Cars
    photography
    real estate
    flowers
    Wine/Beverages
    garden
    kitchen
    credit cards
    wealth
    and a number of others....

Hi Glinted,

You mentioned that you'd prefer to create your own videos. I've been eyeballing Animoto (dot) com for a while - although I haven't tried it yet. I've seen some folks do some nice videos with this - depending on what you are trying to do. It probably won't work for something like a tutorial - but for a snazzy overview video, I think it might.

Has anyone else used Animoto?

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread