BuyCostumes.com Conversion Rate
    Anyone here promoting BuyCostumes.com? What is your conversion rate with them?

My general feeling about BuyCostumes.com is that it converts and the accounting is honest. I do not have an exact rate to give you but I have been pleased by this program. I am a "small affiliate" and I have not achieved the ranks of "super affiliate" yet but I have made sales with the program
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Well I expect it to fall now that I am starting to see ads on the Buyseasons family of sites.

:-(

4. Thanks From:
    kse

LOL and they're not even filtering out their own ads; they're paying for clicks back to themselves.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Well this sucks, they are even showing ads for their competitors time to look for a replacement, their are lots other merchants to pick from.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Are there ads on buycostumes.com? I don't see them. I did find some on some category pages on celebrateexpress.com.

It is hard to find since the ads don't always show up. They are served by doubleclick so I suspect they rotate or are shown only a percentage of a time (I suspect). With that said however, I looked again now but they are not showing up for Buycostumes. The ad placement (left bottom 300x250) shows Buycostumes "Shop With Confidence" block now. You are right, for the CE, BE and 1st Wishes sites, they are still showing but also periodically their own site block shows. I saw Kristen on earlier but she didn't post.

I see the EPC dropping more so for Celebrate Express beginning of Sept.

Today I only see buycostumes Ads being displayed on the buycostumes own website so does that mean that our affiliate cookie are being over written by these doubleclick Ads if the user clicks on one of them??
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    They should be independent of each other unless specifically setup to trump.

Thanks for the replies,

Do you concentrate on 1 merchant on 1 site or do you show different merchants on 1 site? Will featuring more merchants decrease conversion? Anyone have experiences regarding this?

Quote Originally Posted by wes888 View Post
    Thanks for the replies,

Do you concentrate on 1 merchant on 1 site or do you show different merchants on 1 site? Will featuring more merchants decrease conversion? Anyone have experiences regarding this?
    Whether you concentrate on one or more merchants per web page keep in mind
    the impact of mobile/tablets on a page.
    Mobile has been a game changer now.
    Look up the phrase "responsive web design" on a search engine for tips.

Previously I would design around a concept such as "Robot Costumes" and I would have
    products of Robot Costumes from different merchants + accessories on one page.
    That can still be done but I am thinking for having less on a web page with more pages.

One of my sites with too much of a scroll per page has not done as well. I'm thinking of new
    ways of displaying information: at least I would like to cut down on the scroll since an iPad/or smartphone holder might have difficulty seeing the page in its entirety.
    Last edited by Rhia7; September 19th, 2011 at 01:30 PM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by wes888 View Post
    Thanks for the replies,

Always think about what your visitors want. Sure, your conversions are important overall but you are severely restricting the choices for your visitors by only listing one merchant. Who cares if you have a 100% conversion rate if you only got 1 click.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

14. Thanks From:

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread