Angry GAN just changed saved reports overnight?
    So I saw an email just now that GAN has changed their reports. See here:

From the email:

"You are receiving this message because there was previously a "saved report" configured for your Google Affiliate Network account and it was assigned to this email address. We have recently updated our Google Affiliate Network platform, which includes the reporting functions. If you'd like to continue receiving any automatic reports, you will need to create a new 'saved report' in the interface. To do this, navigate to the 'Reports' tab, select the filters and timeframe you'd like to receive, and click 'Save this report'."

So let me get this straight, overnight someone changed the saved reports and now not only do I have to go and recreate any of the reports I had before (with no reference to see what I had before), but I also have to rewrite any code that was dependent on the previous saved reports because the new reports have a different format?

That seems a little silly...

Seems like changes were made across the board...

If a GAN moderator is reading this, I would like to know how to change the default report view *back* to publisher fees, not sales (the Performance Activity graph).

Some warning would have been nice.
    Last edited by teezone; September 21st, 2011 at 05:11 PM.

So let's see, yesterday's report came in at 5:11 a.m. Sometime a few hours after that, they sent a notice that the report interface has been upgraded, and everyone needs to recreate their reports after having wiped out the reports. Today, my old report did not come through.

I don't understand the reasoning behind this at all. At least you could have given us warning so we could go in and record what reports we were currently receiving, and possibly even do some comparisons between the fields coming through so we could transition to the new reports--seeing that the fields are completely different now.

Oh well...

Is anyone else having problems with reports? My reports aren't working, so my commission tracking with GAN is now on hold. When I save a report, and then go to "Run Report Now" it comes back with an error saying a glitch has occurred. I also didn't receive a daily report after setting it up 24 hours earlier...

UGH...

Google Affiliate Network Rep Google Affiliate Network Moderator's Avatar
    Hello Dustin,

Can you PM or email me your PUBID and report steps you are taking that causes this issue? A screenshot with the URL string would also be very helpful.

Thank you,
    Jamie
    jamier[at]google

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread