Shareasale... What is a "Compliance Test"?
    Simple question
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

2. Thanks From:

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Hey davidh,

Its a quick test we do to make sure that the tracking is in place and sending data. For most merchants will be everyday... I cant detail the specifics but that is the goal.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Can you give enough specifics to at least let affiliates know if this compliance test does anything at all to assure that sales are being tracked? Is something on the actual merchant site tested? Or does Shareasale just load a test pixel to see if tracking works at the Shareasale end?

There have been instances where merchants have stayed live for YEARS on Shareasale even though they have either removed tracking mechanisms from their websites, or gone out of business and let their domains expire.

The reason this concern came up today is because Mrs. Beasley's was "compliance tested" on August 4th. The last commissionable sale was recorded 6 months ago. Anything is possible, of course, but what is the likelihood of a merchant like Mrs. B's really having a $0.00 EPC for 6 full months?
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Davidh,

Yes it does test the whole process ... unfortunately I can't really share tech details. It is not related to a commission though - only designed to test that pixels are in place and functioning.

It would be possible to have the scenario that you described, but it would indicate very low volume through an affiliate program (obviously). If you were looking to promote the Merchant I would definitely recommend talking to them first on this one...As the activity level is certainly low and something that I would want explained by the Merchant if I were going to join as an Affiliate personally.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

ABW Ambassador
    Would it have anything to do with them not actually having a site up anymore and merging into Cheryls?

Yeah I remember hearing that. Thus making Beasley's, Cheryl's part of the 1800flowers program I believe.
    J. Duffield Affiliate Manager at Snow Consulting
    Let's Connect-PassTheSEO|#GSEG|Twitter|LinkedIn|Blog "Knowledge is Power."

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread