So How Pissed Are You At Facebook Today?
    Whoa – people are mad! I just logged onto my personal Facebook account to find compliant after compliant about the latest update to the news feed. As I posted yesterday, Google+ added nine new updates, and Facebook decided to follow suit. While this could simply be coincidental the way they’re now displaying the news feed sure has upset a lot of people (people who never have updated their status are complaining).

According to Facebook the new update is suppose to make it “easier to keep up with people in your life no matter how frequently or infrequently you’re on Facebook.” The new feed includes the “most interesting stores” featured at the top. They’re displaying the updates with a blue corner.

If you’re a more frequent visitor of Facebook you’ll see the most recent stories first. Photos will also be bigger. They also added a “ticker” that displays friends activity in real-time.

This ticker can be adjusted based on the width of your screen. I remember when they first introduced the “news feed” how mad people were calling it a “stalking feature” but eventually everyone adapted and life went on. I expect this situation to pan out the same.

On a different note though, I did notice a decrease in CTR (click through rate) with a couple of my campaigns that have been running strong for a couple of months. Not sure if this update had anything to do with that (people’s eyeballs going everywhere) but I’m going to pause for a couple of hours. So what do you all think – are you pissed? -affbuzz

Yeah, my wife and I are two of the people upset about the Facebook changes.

On the other hand, as one of our friends pointed out, she's never seen so many people so upset about an Internet site that, 1) no one forces us to use, 2) it's free, and, 3) no one forces us to even go there.

So I guess it's one of those deals where we need to step back and not take it so seriously.

Gary
    Generate more fake news.

Yeah Gary, I guess your right. I admit I got a little spoiled. lol

It seems that most of the people who are squawking are just too impatient to take 5 minutes to get used to the changes before popping their cork about it.

Yesterday and today are the first times in about 3 weeks that I've heard Google+ even get mentioned anywhere. Like a horse that doesn't jump out of the gate, they've lost the race even before they come to the first turn. Who says "third time is a charm"? (+ is Google's third attempt at the social networking thang).
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Thanks for your point of view David. Its funny you mentioned Google+. I guess Im slow because I just rediscovered it yesterday. Thats a good tool there.

ABW Ambassador
    The bigger changes haven't even happened yet - Introducing Timeline | Facebook

Everyone across the Globe who are active in Facebook are also murmuring about the changes. But one of my friend said that everything will be fine in a couple of days when users will be getting used to the new layout changes.

But still, I loved facebook and it never failed to surprise its users...

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Ho hum. For me it's been pure entertainment to watch the reaction and complaints to minor changes to a free service.

9. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Wanted to note that the OP will not be responding as he was banned for spamming another part of the forum. I left this conversation as there seemed to be some interest.

Facebook is having a FREE GIVEAWAY to the first 70 million users who send their name and address to whineplug@facebook.com

No purchase necessary.

CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Unhappy Mr
    Quote Originally Posted by watchdogg View Post
    Yeah Gary, I guess your right. I admit I got a little spoiled. lol
    Some people are stuck due to changes that have been made on facebook

watch the reaction and complaints to minor changes to a free service
    Very true.. but Facebook makes good coin from all those users!

I'm not impacted by this change (already have enough websites to update!), but I'm always amazed at sites & apps that "force" changes on users, without giving them the option of rolling back for another few months.

From what I understand from friends, the biggest issue is Facebook deciding what you might be interested in.

About the facebook changes
    I don't like it. But even worse is the timeline feature. I think it will come very soon.
    It's too intrusive.

Something's different?

I don't mind the updates...
    I just wish I could get the stories that I "hide" to stay "hidden"

I click on the "hide store" link from the news feed and they all just keep showing up again after I return back to FB...

I just logged in and have no problems with it. Actually I like the fact that going to my list of friends makes more sense than it did before.

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread