OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Do you cater to African-American Consumer?
    • With a buying power of nearly $1 trillion annually, if African-Americans were a country, they’d be the 16th largest country in the world.
    • With a buying power of nearly $1 trillion annually, if African-Americans were a country, they’d be the 16th largest country in the world.
    • The number of African-American households earning $75,000 or higher grew by almost 64%, a rate close to 12% greater than the change in the overall population’s earning between 2000 and 2009. This continued growth in affluence, social influence and household income will continue to impact the community’s economic power.
    • African-Americans make more shopping trips than all other groups, but spend less money per trip. African-Americans in higher income brackets, also spend 300% more in higher-end retail grocers more than any other high income household.
    • There were 23.9 million active African-American Internet users in July 2011 – 76% of whom visited a social networking/blog site.
    • 33% of all African-Americans own a smartphone.
    • African-Americans use more than double the amount of mobile phone voice minutes compared to Whites – 1,298 minutes a month vs. 606.
    • The percentage of African-Americans attending college or earning a degree has increased to 44% for men and 53% for women.
      Source

So does anyone have a site marketing specifically to African-American Consumer?

2. Thanks From:

web site = no; web page = yes
    @Chuck I do not have a web site for African American consumers, but, I do have a web page that caters to African Americans and it has made some sales.

Now, you have me thinking that I should also create a web page catering to Hispanic ("Latino") consumers on that web site.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    There was another article on that site about Hispanic households and their growth. It is focused on TV households but makes the Looks like they are out pacing African-American and Asian households.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread