Suggest a Good SEO Optimized Wordpress Theme
    Hi all!

I'm looking for a Free SEO optimized Wordpress theme. Anyone have any recommendations?

TIA,
    Wesley

Quote Originally Posted by wes888 View Post
    Hi all!

I'm looking for a Free SEO optimized Wordpress theme. Anyone have any recommendations?

TIA,
    Wesley
    I don't know of any free themes that are SEO optimised but there is an excellent plug in "Yoast" which I use with a Flexibility 3 theme. To get the best out of Yoast search on Youtube for tutorials

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by daiarian View Post
    I don't know of any free themes that are SEO optimised but there is an excellent plug in "Yoast" which I use with a Flexibility 3 theme. To get the best out of Yoast search on Youtube for tutorials
    I'm pretty new to WordPress and I've been using "All in One SEO" and have been happy with it. After seeing this post, I looked at Yoast's "WordPress SEO" which I guess is what you referred to, and it seems to do a lot more - do I read it correctly in that it also produces its own XML sitemap and sends it to search engines, without using a separate sitemap plugin? Does that work well? Are there sitemap features in the Yoast plugin that make it preferable to any of the popular sitemap plugins?
    Last edited by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound; September 26th, 2011 at 02:44 AM. Reason: typo
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

For me I choose a theme which is easy to customize, All the SEO optimization can be done with plugins.

5. Thanks From:

Some say that if you get that "Yoast" plugin set up just right -- it'll gently wake you every morning with a soft murmur of, "My Friend, it's time to arise and greet a wonderful new day." Even brews the coffee.

Gary

Seriously, I've looked at "Yoast," but never used it. It seems incredibly comprehensive; almost too smart for me to figure out. For anyone interested, I'm using "Platinum SEO" on several sites. It's very similar to All in One SEO, but had a couple of settings I liked when I first started using it, and honestly don't remember what I thought was better about it!
    Generate more fake news.

Affiliate Manager Kush@VMInnovations's Avatar
    If you ever decide to go with a premium theme I would recommend Thesis themes (aka DIYthemes). I'm noticing large number of top affiliates using it. It is designed with SEO in mind + Google loves to rank it.

Yoast may not make your coffee but as a SEO tool it is great and in real time monitors every posting.

It provides a page analysis that gives you loads of information as you build up your posting enabling you to amend the content accordingly. Highly recommended.

I do not use the site map feature but have installed the plugin "BWP Google XML Sitemaps". which does generate your sitemaps for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabz View Post
    For me I choose a theme which is easy to customize, All the SEO optimization can be done with plugins.
    Any recommendations?
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

Quote Originally Posted by daiarian View Post
    Yoast may not make your coffee but as a SEO tool it is great and in real time monitors every posting.

It provides a page analysis that gives you loads of information as you build up your posting enabling you to amend the content accordingly. Highly recommended.

I do not use the site map feature but have installed the plugin "BWP Google XML Sitemaps". which does generate your sitemaps for you.
    Thanks, more good info to consider.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Kush@VMInnovations View Post
    If you ever decide to go with a premium theme I would recommend Thesis themes (aka DIYthemes). I'm noticing large number of top affiliates using it. It is designed with SEO in mind + Google loves to rank it.
    Google doesn't rank it because of the theme. That theme has just been marketed great by a bunch of affiliates, but it is just a theme. And to me, a pretty ugly one. Most look all the same to me, some actually go in there and make it look better.

But the SEO is on you. And Google doesn't care which SEO plugin you use either. I've seen 3 good seo plugins mentioned. Use the one you're most comfortable with. I use All In One SEO and I'm happy with that. I'm sure whatever I do with that, you can do with the other ones.

Tax Paying Member
    Be careful of the free themes. Most have scripts built in which are more beneficial to the provider of the theme than you. A lot of times you can not remove the script with out breaking the theme. Use a wp plugin called TAC to check for these scripts.

For SEO, I am a believer in Yoast

For themes, I suggest that you choose one that is easy to work with and very importantly....choose one that is easy to read or easy to adjust the text.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Quote Originally Posted by Nabz View Post
    Exactly.. Do not look for an already SEO optimized theme as you will just have to pay a lot of money for it and i doubt that it will even be highly optimized (advertising is one thing, actual ranking is another).

You should just look at free SEO plugins to make the site highly SEO optimized.. We started with All in one seo but moved to Platinum SEO for our blogs, because it has many more functions that you can control.. I will need to also check Yoast in the future as i have heard good things about it.

A few more you should consider: google xml sitemap, privacy policy plugin, contact form plugin and terms of use.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wes888 View Post
    Hi all!

TIA,
    Wesley
    Hi Wesly,

Welcome to ABW .. I have a few friends in Manila ..

I will suggest you look at one of our clients, imPower Themes - ShareASale.com and imPower Themes

They are very easy to use and do come with full documentation and built in SEO. We are running an offer now where you can qualify for a free copy of the theme for your use, full details here: http://www.abestweb.com/forums/andy-...me-149007.html

Have a wonderful day ...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

I personally like the Socrates theme and have had some success using it.

But I agree with what has already been said. The most simple and plain themes can still generate impressive returns. The largest variable is you!
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; October 11th, 2011 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Use of an affiliate link is against the rules

I am using Twenty elevan, Twenty ten theme from Wordpress which got some brillant SEO features ( optimized for minimal resource usage and fast loading speed)

By customizing it you will find some brilliant theme ever

Outsourced Program Manager Ross Yamashita's Avatar
    Hello. Also, keep in mind you may want to narrow it down further if you're looking for a good local marketing theme for a brick and mortar business or just an overall SEO theme. But I agree with Trust - your theme isn't what's going to rank you, although some themes offer more beneficial things than others.

As far as plugins go, I like All In One SEO as well - very flexible.

Good luck.

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread