Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I would like to get your feedback on our internal mail center.

What do you like about the internal mail center?

What don't you like about the internal mail center?

Would you prefer to have all contacts with advertisers be via email?

Please keep your responses short and to the point.

Thanks,

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

Boy, are you gonna get answers on this one!

ABW Ambassador
    I would like to ask, beg, plead, whatever:

Fix the Reply function so it actually IS a Reply function from the affiliate's end.

Elisabeth Archambault

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The disgusting part is the endless stream of "expired" offers. Get the damn lazy AM's to auto rotate the seasonal and coupon specials as they feed the parasites.

Webmaster Mike

"Anyone can make a dollar, it is when you make sense that it starts to add up."...does your eBiz plan make sense?

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Ditto to what Buckworks says
    Otherwise it seems fine

WW

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.
    Give a man a fish he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish he spends the day drinking beer in the boat.

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    quote:
    Originally posted by walleye warrior:
    Ditto to what Buckworks says
    Otherwise it seems fine
    OOOOPS
    Typed before thinking
    Make merchants give us the expired links all in ONE mail NOT 1 per mail.
    I had used ask a question to suggest something else a few days ago.
    OK, now besides those it seems fine.

WW

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.
    Give a man a fish he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish he spends the day drinking beer in the boat.

quote:
    Originally posted by ToddCrawford, CJ.com:Would you prefer to have all contacts with advertisers be via email?

Yes, all email would be better all around, you wouldn't have to remember to check the mail tab and each merchant's email could be autosorted however you want it as it is received.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Get rid of the multiple expired link notices! It's truly overwhelming at merchants who have a LOT of links.

Fix the "reply" function.

I would NOT like to get all those messages in my email! Even with a seperate email address, *important* CJ communications would get buried under all that other stuff randomly coming in...

What I DO like:

There are some merchants I'd rather not have finding my real email. The CJ Mail is good for that.

I like how the messages are arranged. It saves me from missing the important stuff (the stuff on top).

It's the most wonderful time of the year! ~From a "Golden Era" Christmas Song

Hi Todd,

quote:
    I would like to get your feedback on our internal mail center.

Why? We have this Forum for that.
    Other Publishers can hail or booh recommendations by other fellow affiliates and you will be able to set priorities.
    Its also pre-filtered, something that can't be
    done with the cj build-in email system .
    However, I made this recommendation already month ago and sent it directly to CJ.

My Recommendation:

Give the option to forward all incoming emails to an Email address defined by the publisher (or the publishers account email address).

Best would be, if the sender address would be the address of the advertiser or maybe an email address defined by the advertiser (email relay).
    If that is not possible, fine, use "no-response@cj.com" as sender and I can create my own filters as I already did for all other emails from all other programs and from our Website (and what you are doing to sort all the emails you receive). But Please leave the Subject intact.

Carsten

Shop-Links.net Partner
    http://www.shop-links.net
    Sign-up for our Affiliate Program
    http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale...erchantID=2123

If you can't move things, try harder!

ABW Ambassador
    If it were up to me, I'd get rid of the internal mail system altogether and go strictly with e-mail.

Michael

This quote is pretty good
    quote:
    If it were up to me, I'd get rid of the internal mail system altogether and go strictly with e-mail.

This quote is great!
    quote:
    Get rid of the multiple expired link notices! It's truly overwhelming at merchants who have a LOT of links.

The merchants need to understand that the internal email system is a far lower priority for affiliates than they think it is.

Fred

In an effort to watch your cholesterol, you eat Spam Lite.

quote:
    Originally posted by EmDub:
    Michael

That was my recommendation a couple months ago . I totally agree with you.
    My recommendation posted here is kind of a giving in a bit.
    Some affiliates and merchants probably do not have real Email accounts and require the existance of the CJ mail system to work .

Carsten

Shop-Links.net Partner
    http://www.shop-links.net
    Sign-up for our Affiliate Program
    http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale...erchantID=2123

If you can't move things, try harder!

ABW Ambassador
    Thats a joke right? If you don't have an email address you have no business being a merchant or an affiliate.

Todd,
    I'd love an option like:
    [ ] Receive all correspondance via email only
    [ ] Receive all correspondance via CJ mail system
    [ ] Receive all correspondance via CJ mail and cc my email

If the CJ email system is to be kept, the Reply function definitely needs to be fixed. Quoting in replies would be nice too.

I like the fact that merchants cannot see my email/contact info (apparently).

Thanks for asking.. Hope some changes are made!

One more thing.. the whole thing just feels "slow" for some reason. Whenever I'm reading emails I just get frustrated with the responsiveness. Not sure exactly whats going on...

Fix the reply function.

Demand that outdated link messages be combined.

I also like the way the categories are arranged.

My vote is don't get rid of it. I don't trust every merchant with my email address. It would be a pain to make a separate email address for each merchant (merchant@mydomain.com), which is what I do for indies and networks so I know where my email addy got sold (*cough*).

Thanks for asking.

- - - - -
    42. Yup, the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

15 years and counting
    Keep the internal mail system altogether and don't send merchant's emails to our own email address.
    Fix the Reply function.
    Get rid of the multiple expired link notices or combine them in one email.

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

I very rarely remember to check my CJ mail and as a result miss many important messages. I'd like the option of having these messages sent directly to my email with the ability to respond directly to the merchant. Thanks for looking for our feedback!

Maggie
    maggie@dealhunting.com
    http://www.dealhunting.com

As everyone else is saying.. FIX the Reply system.. I sent a fairly confidential message to a merchant once.. turned out it went to the wrong merchant because I'd stuffed the selection from the drop down menu..

If I receive a message from a merchant and want to reply to it, make it so the merchant sending the message is set as the default reply address.

One other thing.. FIX the Reply system!

Two years ago or so you used to log onto your CJ account and see in the upper right hand how many new message you had. At some point, that went away and never came back.

It needs to come back.

A wishbone has never taken place of a backbone.

Todd,

My concerns have already been addressed:

1. Make the "reply" function actually reply to the original sender of the message instead of creating a new message, in which you have to select the recipient.

2. Overhaul the expired links process. It's tedious and time consuming the way it is. Having the expiring link actually appear in/around the message would be most helpful, and would save CJ a lot of bandwidth. There's a lot of clicking back and forth, and loading/reloading of pages the way it works now. Give the advertisers the option of having more than one link per message.

3. Add the "New Messages" alert to the home page of the account manager, up near the balance. That way, new messages aren't missed, and we don't have to click the mail tab unless there's something there.

I would prefer to not have my personal E-mail available to everyone, so I appreciate the CJ mail system. I just wish it were a bit more friendly to use.

Andy

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

Some great suggestions up there. I personally rarely check the cj mail system. I prefer to just check my main email, so often I just forget about it. I also agree, the multiple expired links thing needs to go, I'm sure about 99% of those messages are just deleted and never read also.

I would also like to see the email I actually do get at my regular email address for deactivated publishers, to actually list the publisher in it.

http://www.ahugedeal.com

ABW Ambassador
    All of the above plus:

1) Dump the "canned" messages. Make it necessary for the merchants to get out from under their desks and give real replies and reasons . . . of course this goes beyond the inhouse comm system . . . on to reasons for rejections in a program and reversals in sales, etc.

2) Maybe a return of some way to tell us a message has been read by the merchant(s) and not just deleted. TOO many never even respond.

Thank you for coming Todd,

Brian
    aka Cyclone @ CyclonesFunnel.com

thing that I dont like about the internal email is when i reply an email i gotta select the intended merchant from a drop down menu.
    it's just a waste of time, IMHO.

First, are you really going to do something this time or are you just trying to smooth some ruffled feathers once again. We went through all this about six months ago and you said it would be changed. So what happened? Will changes be made this time? When????

I think the following is one of the best ideas I read here. Give people the option.

[ ] Receive all correspondance via email only
    [ ] Receive all correspondance via CJ mail system
    [ ] Receive all correspondance via CJ mail and cc my email

Also, fix the reply system and allow merchants to list expired links in one message instead of fifteen of them at once.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

Every day is a chance to learn something new and an opportunity to teach others.

Ooops, hit Post Now twice.

Todd,

Thanks for the opportunity to give you feedback:

1) Fix reply for publishers

2) Give publishers and advertisers the ability to have email forwarded to a real email box

3) Automatically combine expired links notices, tell you if you are using the link or not, and show what link you are talking about.

4) Educate both publishers and advertisers on which messages go where:

- If I pay to send a recruitment email to non-members where does that go?
    - If I pay to send a newsletter to members where does that go?
    - If I use the contact link on a publisher detail page where does that go?
    - If I reply to a message in my CJ messges where does that go?

5) List the deactivated publishers in the deactivated emails

6) A little off-topic: give an option to automatically have sales/transaction reports and invalid link reports emailed.

7) Have an icon that shows you how many unread messages you have.

8) Do away with the fees for sending newsletters to our own affiliates (or maybe allow 2 free newsletters per advertiser per month) and have them sent directly to the publishers real email box. The fees discourage advertisers from maintaining good communications with all their publishers, and the loss of email income would be offset by the transaction fees on the increased sales that result from better communications.

At the moment I don't communicate with my publishers as much as I should because of the cost and because I know less than 30% will read the message. If you create an email system that makes it easy for advertisers and publishers to communicate effectively you will see the benefits across the whole network.

Regards,

Mark Mitford
    Sales Director
    Dotster, Inc
    http://www.dotster.com/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast