OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Hit the wall in Twitter
    So evidently I hit the 2000 follower limit in Twitter! I am following 2001 and have 1,454 followers. I Primarily use Twitter to network and send out program information.

Is there a way around the limit by contacting them or is it a balance thingy?

ABW Ambassador

I read that:
    If you've reached the account-based follow limit (after you've followed 2,000 users), you’ll need to wait until you have more followers before you can follow additional users. Follow limits are system-wide and Support cannot remove or adjust your follow limits.
    Its a pain in the A to dig through the account to figure out who to unfollow. Guess I can wait to get more followers. I'll get over it but thought there might be some social guru who figured this out. I have to admit it was fun following the suggested ones I found when I was followed by someone. Got addicting.

ABW Ambassador
    "Its a pain in the A to dig through the account to figure out who to unfollow."

Unfollow Vinny, he said something about 4% keyword density. That should be an automatic unfollow

5. Thanks From:

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trust View Post
    "Its a pain in the A to dig through the account to figure out who to unfollow."

Unfollow Vinny, he said something about 4% keyword density. That should be an automatic unfollow
    And he's got like, what, 20 accounts?
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Don't make me tweet this thread so Vinny comes here to b-slap you two!

Tax Paying Member
    Leverage??

20 x 2000 = 40,000

You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Easy solution... Buy twitter followers just to get over the hump

Exclamation Dont Buy Twitter Followers Chuck !!
    Buying Twitter followers is probably the worst thing you could do with your money lol most of those places selling followers are a rip off as well as arent targeted followers.Well i mean there are so many other ways and programs to get targeted twitter followers. It does require unfollowing people every couple of days until you get over 2000 followers, then you are allowed to follow 10% more then the number of people following you. I have been playing around with twitter for about 8 months now and have had great success, a couple of programs i would suggest to make life alot easier would be

For following targeted users: tweetadder.com, tweetbig.com
    For unfollowing: managefliter.com(free service for smaller accounts)
    justunfollow.com

The other thing i would suggest is be very familiar with twitter rules because they do ban accounts without warning and it takes about a week to get it back

Cheers

11. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    this is what I don't like with the new interface we are now forced to use. the old interface that got locked a month or so ago was much better. You could right click and see if the person you were following was also following you. i had a strategy that went something like this: Go to the list view of the people I follow, right click the user and I would see if there were certain options available like being able to PM them etc. If it had these options then it meant they were following me so I would leave them and move onto another. I could delete all the non followers on a page of 20 within a minute once you got it down. So I could easily add many followers but I would only do about 100 per day at the most in case It was seen as too many at once. I would clean out all of the non followers after about a week to give the ones I followed some time to follow me.

Now we can not see which person is following us by right clicking anymore and I can't see a way to easily find out so really you are stuck it seems to around 2000 if you don't have many followers but you are allowed more if most of them follow you. There is a system they have in place that determines how many followers you have and how many you are allowed to follow.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

I use twitterfeed.com : feed your blog to twitter to feed my RSS then point Twitter to Facebook/LinkedIn.

Trued justunfollow.com and it does a great job. Limited to 25 unfollows a day for the free account and also has a show inactive following where they haven't posted in six months.

Do you have a blog that you post to weekly?

ABW Ambassador
    I notice you can just click a person you are following and on the right their profile shows up, if you see a mail icon that means they are following you. You can run through your followers and delete ones that don't follow you to get a better ratio. The problem is with the new interface you don't have paging anymore so you must keep scrolling down the page.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

justunfollow.com allows me to more easily find those who aren't following any more and those who have not posted in six months. I like the functionality versus just using Twitter.

SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced andbeyond's Avatar
    The Call is coming from Inside the House!
    The trick to get past this wall is to unfollow those who are not following you. You will probably get down to around 1600 followers. This might take a while to do. Might want to set a reminder to do it each day for 25.

Then follow people that you think are likely to follow. You could add 100 a day or so. Then see if they follow you back.

After a few weeks you will probably be following around 1950 or so. Then see how many followers you have. If it is close to 1900 you can add some more. If not clean out more that are not following you and repeat.

Just once you need to have over 1900 followers and then you can go past following 2000.

There is some risk to get an account banned but not very much. It has never happened to me.

That's exactly what I am doing. Have hardly followed anyone for a few weeks. Funny thing is since I started unfollowing I am now getting 20 followers a day! But they seem unrelated to the type of people I follow.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Trued justunfollow.com and it does a great job. Limited to 25 unfollows a day for the free account and also has a show inactive following where they haven't posted in six months.
    Twitter has changed it's layout again, before you could click persons name and you would see a mail icon if they were following you. Now there is nothing there and you would have to open their profile up completely and the mail icon is there now despite if they follow you or not.

So I have just tried this justunfollow.com and it does look good so I will also use this.

I also found another tool/website that looks good twiends.com - it is like a network so you can gain new twitter followers safely. I tried it before and it looks good so far....

My connection between Twitter and Facebook is not working. I check both ends and it says they are fine!

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread